Kelvin Hughes, a world leader in the design and supply of navigation and surveillance systems, will be co-exhibiting with ECM Technologies, Kelvin Hughes’ exclusive land-based security systems representative in South Africa, at Africa, Aerospace and Defence (AAD) 2014.
Kelvin Hughes will be demonstrating the company’s Single Mast Solution (SMS) at the event, which is being held at Air Force Base Waterkloof, City of Tshwane, Centurion, South Africa from 17 to 19 September.
SMS is a lightweight, easily deployable, best-in-class radar platform that can be securely attached to any mast system – whether portable, vehicle-mounted or a fixed structure – and fitted with the company’s SharpEye SxV, an unrivalled, mobile radar with the capability to detect even small, fast-moving targets in adverse weather conditions. When combined with Kelvin Hughes’ CxEye control and integration software, the system offers full situational awareness by pulling together radar, video and electro-optical camera images that can be displayed on a laptop or touch-screen device.
Rupert Swinhoe-Standen, Kelvin Hughes’ regional business manager – Security Systems, who will be conducting the live demonstrations of the SMS at AAD, will also be speaking at the Defence Symposium being hosted by ECM Technologies in tandem with AAD 2014. The ninth such symposium to be hosted by ECM, the invitation-only event will be held at the CSIR International Conference Centre in Tshwane on 18 September. Swinhoe-Standen will deliver a presentation on ‘Scalable Land Security Solutions’ as part of a programme of presentations on topics that include radar-based surveillance systems for protection of borders and critical infrastructure, next-generation night vision technologies, and complete CBRN solutions.
Russell Gould, Kelvin Hughes’ CEO, commented: “AAD 2014 and the Defence Symposium will both offer us excellent opportunities to work with our South African partner, ECM Technologies, to promote the unrivalled benefits of our industry-leading SMS system within what is a very important and growing regional market.”
Notes to editors
Kelvin Hughes Press Office
Phone: +44 (0) 844 822 1658
Mobile: +44 (0) 7739 461 061
E-mail: [email protected]
* Kelvin Hughes Surveillance division is a global provider of surveillance and navigation radar systems for land and sea environments. The company is over 250 years old, employs over 350 people, operates 12 offices in eight countries and supplies 30 of the world’s navies.
* The company has a long tradition of technology firsts, most recently with SharpEye solid state radar; leading to subsequent applications in multiple markets and through different radar products due to the scalable nature of the technology.
* Kelvin Hughes’ surveillance division provides coherent SharpEye and non-coherent radar technologies capable of detecting the smallest of targets and lowest velocities in clutter, meeting the surveillance, safety, and security needs of the world’s navies, coastal and border agencies, and security patrols.
* Headquartered in London, UK, there are three divisions of Kelvin Hughes: Surveillance Systems, Marine Systems and KH Charts.
Core surveillance products include:
* SharpEye SxV dome enclosed and long range open array solid state radars;
* Security and surveillance single mast radar and camera solutions;
* Integrated control and interface display software;
* MantaDigital tactical navigation displays;
* Advanced agile tracker technology;
* Solid state advanced radome radars for waterborne applications; and
* Integrated bridge systems.