Libya says NATO bombing kills 718 civilians

768

NATO’s bombing campaign has killed 718 Libyan civilians, said government spokesman Moussa Ibrahim.

He said 4,067 civilians had been wounded, 433 of them seriously. The figures were current to May 26.

NATO has denied killing large numbers of civilians, and foreign reporters in Tripoli have not been shown evidence of large numbers of civilian casualties, Reuters reports.



Asked why the authorities had not shown large numbers of casualties to foreign media, Ibrahim said this was because the casualties had not been concentrated near Tripoli but scattered across the country.