Reutech division Reutech Communications will be showcasing its full range of secure Combat Net Radios at the Africa Aerospace and Defence (AAD) exhibition.
Reutech Communications was contracted by Armscor to develop and manufacture a range of Software Defined Combat Net Radios (CNR) to modernize the communication needs of the South African National Defence Force (SANDF).
The Combat Net Radio family, along with the associated equipment and management software is being offered in selective markets, either directly or through local partnerships. The product family offers the user complete communication and transmission autonomy to secure their tactical voice and data network links for information sovereignty.
Designed for joint operations between airborne, ground based and naval forces, the family is based on a common architecture and a common tactical data link enabling the seamless integration of C4 (Command, Control, Coordination & Communications) systems, sensors, weapons and intelligence across the battlespace.
The software defined radios are highly configurable allowing the user on the fly reconfiguration for mission and task optimisation.
Salient features of the CNR family include:
• Intra platform communication system (IPCS) – this provides connectivity to an integrated set of radios and associated equipment providing a local distribution network for typically within a landward vehicle system.
• Short range communication system (SRCS) – this includes a handheld and vehicle mounted radios providing a local distribution network between a group of dismounted soldiers and the supporting vehicle wirelessly operating in the UHF band.
• Medium range communications system (MRCS) – this includes a manpack, vehicle or static/fixed installation type radios providing for line of sight communications on the move for ground, naval, ground to air or air to air links operating in the very/ultra high frequency (V/UHF) band.
• Long range communications system (LRCS) – this includes a manpack, vehicle or static/fixed installation type radios providing for beyond line of sight communications on the move for ground, naval, ground to air or air to air links operating in the high frequency (HF) band.
• Tactical communications management system – this includes application software platform providing communications planning, fill management, network management and configuration/tracking of equipment.
The full range of radios are on display at the Reutech stand in Hall 4N, for the duration of AAD between 19 and 23 September.