Preparations for the bi-annual Military Information & Communications Symposium of SA (MICSA) is well underway, organisers say in their latest newsletter.
MICSSA 2009 will be hosted next July by the SA National Defence Force’s Command Management and Information Systems Division as well as the State IT Agency and the Department of Defence’s acquisition company, Armscor.
MICSSA is a bi-annual symposium aimed at promoting information and communications technology-related developments to stakeholders in the Southern African defence environment, military and civilian alike.
The organisers say it is an ideal opportunity to promote new technologies, trends and policy issues and to exhibit wares demonstrating the fore-front of technology. Next year`s MICSAA will be the third since the even was first held in Pretoria in 2005.
MICSSA news editor Francois van de Merwe says prospective presenters only have a few days left to submit their abstracts. The target date is 15 November.
Other important dates are:
• Review of Abstracts: 31 January2009
• Registration from 01 February 2009
• Submission of Draft Papers: 31 March 2009
• Submission of Final Papers: 31 May 2009
• Early Registration before 31 May 2009
• Submission of Presentations: 30 June 2009
• MICSSA 2009 Symposium 20-23 July 2009