Dell has introduced the Latitude ATG D620 notebook computer for customers who work in challenging conditions.Dell today introduced the Latitude ATG D620 (all-terrain grade), its first semi-rugged notebook computer for customers who work in tough environments in Europe, the Middle East and Africa.
The Latitude ATG meets military durability standards and is designed to protect against accidental bumps, vibration, moisture and other elements that users encounter working in the field.
The new system features a shock-mounted hard drive, spill-resistant keyboard, port covers and high durability paint, and is designed to withstand challenging conditions commonly associated with military environments, construction sites and first responders, such as police and emergency organisations.
Customer-driven product innovation
"The Latitude ATG is a prime example of Dell`s commitment to providing cutting-edge systems to meet the needs of today`s mobile workforce," said Gavin Slevin, Brand Manager, mobile products, Dell SA.
"For professionals that predominantly work outdoors, a tougher, highly protective notebook with a screen that is easy to see in direct sunlight is critical to ensuring maximum productivity. We`re glad that we could meet that customer request with a product distinguished by industry-leading features."
Industry-leading display brightness for optimal outdoor use
In response to direct customer feedback, the Latitude ATG includes a 14.1-inch display with ambient light sensor, glass overlay and anti-reflective coating. The LCD display is 11/2 times brighter than most mainstream corporate notebooks, for better viewing in sunlight.
Customers working in the military, emergency services, construction and even the golf industry say seeing the display in full daylight is an important factor in their notebook-computing experience.
Additional product features
Priced from R 14 890 excluding VAT and delivery, the Latitude ATG 620 features:
* 500 NIT LCD with non-reflective coating
* 14.1-inch WXGA screen (1280X800 resolution)
* Supports up to 4GB DDR2 SDRAM
* ATG task lights for keyboard lighting
* Shock mounted-hard drive and LCD
* Intel Core 2 Duo processors
* Microsoft Windows Vista capable
* HyperConnect – extended wireless connectivity
* Mobile broadband – connect virtually everywhere within your wireless provider`s coverage area
* Bluetooth – transfer contacts from your PC to your phone wirelessly
* Dualband WiFi – allows access to hotspots throughout the day
* Three-year next business day service standard
* CompleteCare accidental damage service option
The Latitude ATG provides hard drive image-compatibility with the Latitude D620. It is also compatible with all D-family wireless and security products as well as accessories like docks, port replicators and power adaptors.
The Latitude ATG is designed with the environment in mind, including a lead-free motherboard and chassis. It is RoHS compliant and designed to be energy-efficient in multiple customer environments. For more information on Latitude ATG, visit www.euro.dell.com/atg.