QUESTIONS IN THE NATIONAL ASSEMBLY
Mr S.J. Masango (DA) to ask the Minister of Defence and Military Veterans:
1. Whether the community members of Merrievale are paying any rent; if not, why not, if so, (a) what is the rental amount and (b) who collects the rent from the community members;
2. Whether the SA National Defence Force is responsible for ensuring that the community of Merrievale receive service delivery; if not, (a) why not and (b) who is responsible for it; if so, what are the relevant details;
3. Whether any decision has been made to move the community out of Merrievale; if not, why not, if so (a) when any they going to be moved and (b) to where will they be relocated? NW 1430E
1. Community members of Merrievale are not paying any rent due to the fact that they are not members of the SANDF and are illegally occupying the facilities.
2. The SANDF is not responsible to ensure that these members receive any kind of service delivery because they are illegally occupying the facilities.
3. A decision was made whereby the DPW in conjunction with the Ekurhuleni Municipality have to find alternative accommodation for these members. The date and alternative accommodation where these members will be relocated have still to be determined.