70. Mr J R B Lorimer to ask the Minister of Defence and Military Veterans:
(1) Whether (a) she, (b) her deputy minister, (c) any specified officials and (d) any other persons have been issued with a government or official credit card; if so, what are the relevant details for her, her deputy minister and each holder of a credit card in respect of the (i) name, (ii) job title, (iii) credit limit, (iv) outstanding amount as at the latest specified date for which information is available, (v) monthly expenses incurred for each month since receiving the credit card, (vi) reason for such persons being issued with a credit card and (vii) uses that such a credit card is intended for;
(2) whether any such credit cards are over their credit limit; if so, (a) whose credit cards are over the limit and (b) what is the reason for the credit cards exceeding the limit;
(3) whether any action has been taken against such persons for exceeding their credit card limits; if not, why not; if so, what are the relevant details? NW74E
1. Yes. Official credit cards are issued to the Minister, Deputy Minister and senior officials in terms of the Department’s policy on official credit cards. The official credit cards are used as a method of payment for official expenses.
3. Not applicable