QUESTION NO 10
Mr D A Worth (DA-FS) to ask the Minister of Police:
(1) Whether, with regard to the recruitment of ex-SA Police Service members in order to address the shortage of detectives and crime intelligence officials, any recruits have been appointed in the Free State; if not, why not; if so,
what (a) is the total number of re-enlistments for the 2009-10 financial year up to the latest specified date for which information is available, (b) is the racial composition of the re-enlistment, (c) is the total number of unsuccessful applicants in this regard and (d) were the reasons for applicants not being successful;
(2)what is the criteria used for the re-enlistment of ex-SAPS members?
(1) With regard to the recruitment of ex-South African Police Service members, no ex-members were appointed within the detectives and crime intelligence environments in the Free State for the 2009/2010 financial year to date. The applicants have been subjected to a security vetting process which has now been finalized. The applications for re-enlistment are still in the process of consideration by the Provincial Commissioner: Free State, after which he will forward his recommendations to the National Commissioner for approval.
(a-d) process not yet finalized.
(2) The criteria for the re-enlistment of ex-SAPS members are:
– availability of funded posts;
– compliance with enlistment requirements;
– the skills and competencies of the applicant; and
– suitability of the applicant for re-appointment
Reply to question 10 approved by the Minister