Fact file: Regiment Bloemspruit
The regiment served in the South African Border War in the 1970s and 1980s.
The former Regiment Louw Wepener (Bethlehem), Regiment De Wet (Kroonstad) and Regiment Dan Pienaar (Bloemfontein) were absorbed into Regiment Bloemspruit on April 1 1997.
Current role: Motorised infantry.
Current base: Bloemfontein
Battle honours: -
Motto: Wakker en trou (Awake and loyal)
Top stories this week
- US hands over six Hueys to Kenya – two more on the way
- More Gambian political prisoners released
- New wide area surveillance system in Kruger is another poaching deterrent
- CSIR partnering with US-based company to produce long endurance UAV
- Former SADF veterans look to be left out of defence industry charter
- UAE unveils N35 vehicles
- Denel improving Inkunzi
- Denel partners with specialist geospatial intelligence operation
- Algerian Umkhonto production almost complete
- New clients, new products tested at the Denel Overberg Test Range
- Denel promoting T5-52 in Pakistan
- LMT delivering LM5 armoured vehicle to African countries
- Denel receives contract to integrate A-Darter onto Brazilian Gripens
- Golden handshake for ousted Denel chief executive
- Defence industry, government and acquisition agencies need to converge – Ntshepe
Saab Grintek Defence wins South African Exporter Award 2016
by Saab, 9 December 2016
The SA Premier Business Awards is organised by the DTI, in partnership with Proudly South Africa and Brand South Africa.
Denel partnership with European manufacturer producing results
by Denel Corporate, 9 December 2016
Denel PMP and Nordic company NAMMO will produce niche products that meet the specialised needs of the SANDF.
Denel joins forces with global leaders to market geospatial products
by Denel Corporate, 6 December 2016
Denel Integrated Systems and Maritime will team up with Hexagon Geospatial and Geo Data Design to market geospatial products.