Fact file: Regiment Bloemspruit
The regiment served in the South African Border War in the 1970s and 1980s.
The former Regiment Louw Wepener (Bethlehem), Regiment De Wet (Kroonstad) and Regiment Dan Pienaar (Bloemfontein) were absorbed into Regiment Bloemspruit on April 1 1997.
Current role: Motorised infantry.
Current base: Bloemfontein
Battle honours: -
Motto: Wakker en trou (Awake and loyal)
- Mtshatsheni is new SA Army sergeant major
- Armour Formation marks its 70th anniversary
- New “mobility packages” will up the Army’s border protection capability
- SANDF rooting out fraud and corruption offenders
- Name changes for Army Reserve Force units finalised
- Reserves provide vital extra capacity to the Army – Yam
- Army Chief wants an “Africanised” system for the Reserve Force
- French happy with multiple rocket launcher performance in Mali
- Mali’s military fires artillery for the first time in seven years
- SA Army budget up
Denel seeks closure on legality of Denel Asia JV
by Denel Corporate, 24 March 2017
The company has applied to the High Court of SA for an order declaring it obtained approval to form a joint venture with VR Laser Asia.
TactiCall system has quality, performance recognised by certification
by Saab, 23 March 2017
The Airwave certificate allows Saab to install and operate the TactiCall Dispatcher products at any UK customer using Airwave.
Saab receives order for AT4 CS ER and AT4 CS HP
by Saab, 22 March 2017
The AT4 CS ER and AT4 CS HP are lightweight, man-portable, fully disposable weapons characterised by ease of use and handling.