Fact file: Regiment Bloemspruit
Written by Leon Engelbrecht, Thursday, 17 June 2010
The regiment served in the South African Border War in the 1970s and 1980s.
The former Regiment Louw Wepener (Bethlehem), Regiment De Wet (Kroonstad) and Regiment Dan Pienaar (Bloemfontein) were absorbed into Regiment Bloemspruit on April 1 1997.
Current role: Motorised infantry.
Current base: Bloemfontein
Battle honours: -
Motto: Wakker en trou (Awake and loyal)
Top stories this week
- Four Cabinet ministers show support for anti-rhino poaching operations
- Feature: Lockheed Martin’s latest SAAF C-130J offer tied to Defence Review
- Ka-52 attack helicopters for Egypt
- Defence Minister to face questions on VIP aircraft charters – again
- CSTC will help SAS rejuvenate South African maritime industry
Thales secures Oman's newest airports in Muscat, Salalah
by Thales, 1 September 2015
The Ministry of Transport & Communications of Oman chose Thales to deploy an integrated security solution at the airports.
Airbus Defence and Space upgrades Tetra digital radio network at Vattenfall Europe Mining in Cottbus to the latest standard
by AIRBUS Defence & Space, 1 September 2015
Airbus Defence and Space, through reseller PBIT, upgraded the network at Vattenfall Europe Mining to the latest Release 7.0 standard.
Southern Power Products to participate in global testing phase of new engines
by Nautic Africa, 28 August 2015
The company has partnered with Cimco to supply sub-Sahara with an OXE Diesel S-BPU engine, which will be fitted to a Nautic Africa vessel.