Fact file: Surgeons General
Written by defenceWeb , Wednesday, 26 November 2008
Present and past Surgeons General
SA National Defence Force (1994 – present)
· LTG Vejaynand Indurjith Ramlakan 2005-
· LTG Jurinus Janse van Rensburg 2000-2005
· LTG Davidson Masuku 1997-2000
· LTG Daniel P "Neil" Knobel 1994-1997
SA Defence Force (1957-1994)
· LTG Daniel P "Neil" Knobel 1988-1994
· LTG JN Nieuwoudt 1977-1988
· LTG Colin Cockcroft 1969-1977
· MG Eugene Raymond 1960-1969
- Denel Land Systems delivers ambulances to SANDF
- Defence minister opens Rand Show with a bang
- Surgeon General confident HIV/Aids can be beaten in the SANDF
- Work ahead for SAMHS to improve service
- SAMHS in the forefront of military medical care
- Landmark court ruling for military health service
- Known contracts awarded for the period June 16 to Friday, August 17, 2012
- SAMHS WO dies
- Africom holds logistics conference
- Tenders issued for the up to period up to January 13, 2012
Airbus Defence and Space boasts outstanding young scientists
by AIRBUS Defence & Space, 22 October 2014
Andreas Hofmann from the University of Erlangen-Nuremberg won the prize for the best bachelor's thesis.
Saab selected by Airports Authority of India to deploy A-SMGCS at five airports
by Saab, 20 October 2014
The company will deploy its Advanced-Surface Movement Guidance & Control Systems at five airports in India.
DAFF research, patrol vessel operations under new management for next 12 months
by Nautic Africa, 13 October 2014
Due to supply chain regulations, SAMSA's Special Marine Projects Division will take over from Nautic SA at the end of October.
#Parabot - Africa's largest super-hero robot joins the rhino fight
by Paramount Group, 13 October 2014
Paramount Group and the Ichikowitz Family Foundation's super-hero robot raises awareness of the role of the defence industry in fighting poaching.
Opening of new Mega Aero Training Academy (MATA) practical training centre
by Safomar Aviation, 13 October 2014
The practical training centre is based at OR Tambo International Airport.
Saab awarded contract for civil marine traffic services system in Hong Kong
by Saab, 10 October 2014
The defence and security company was awarded the contract to renew the existing Hong Kong vessel traffic services system.