LMT wins Danish order
Written by defenceWeb, Thursday, 11 February 2010
Production of the kits have commenced and the first kits will be delivered from the middle of this month.
The add-on landmine protection kits provide a high level of landmine protection against both wheel and belly detonations to the country’s 4x4 open top and double-cab vehicles, LMT says in a statement received by defenceWeb.
All solutions will be certified by Armscor and the CSIR in accordance with NATO test procedures AEP-55 Vol 2. Composhield supplied the add-on ballistic protection for the AHSVS cabs, of which LMT produced 106 for the Canadian Army, currently employed in Afghanistan, LMT adds.
LMT was established in 1998 as an armoured vehicle development business. It helped develop an electric drive variant of the Rooikat armoured car vehicle under an Armscor contract to test the technology and played a leading role in Project Ambition 1B, the acquisition of a rapid deployment logistic vehicle by the Parachute Regiment. It is currently the main contractor to the SA Army for the Gecko Products System.
The company is presently also a subcontractor on Project Hoefyster, the SA Army's drive for 264 new infantry combat vehicles.
Other than the AHSVS protected cab for Daimler Benz Actros trucks and the Gecko, LMT's products include a “people mover” protected personnel capsule for fitting to Actros trucks, explosive ordnance disposal trucks and a landmie protection kit or M1025/6 “Hummer” light vehicles.
Pic: A LMT file photo of a "Humvee" fited with its landmine protection kit.
- Arms deal commission postponed
- Admiral in charge of frigate acquisition denies contracting irregularities
- Government interfered in arms deal tender procedures – Steyn
- Armscor’s non-arms deal offsets amounted to R5 billion between 1988 and 2000
- Seriti Commission delayed again
- Not all arms deal offsets delivered expected results
- Next round of Arms Deal hearings start on January 20
- Angolagate arms dealer released from Swiss prison
- First public arms deal hearings in March
- Arms deal probe not protecting people in government - Commission
Eurofighter submits bid to Denmark
by Cassidian, 28 July 2014
Airbus Defence and Space has bid for the replacement of Denmark's fleet of F-16 fighters.
Egypt orders eight more Airbus C295 tactical transports
by Cassidian, 23 July 2014
The new batch of aircraft will be delivered to the Egyptian Air Force by Airbus Defence and Space at the beginning of next year.
Thales I-Master radar gets new maritime mode
by Thales, 23 July 2014
Maritime Moving Target Indication mode tracks small, fast-moving craft to larger, slower vessels, in all weather conditions.