Algerian army kills five Islamist militants
Five Kalashnikov rifles and a quantity of ammunition were also recovered during the operation by the army on Wednesday in the Bouira province, the statement said.
Bouira was inside a stronghold for Islamist militants during a war with between government and fighters in the 1990s that left 200,000 people dead.
Violence has declined in Algeria since then. But al Qaeda in the Islamic Maghreb and small bands of militants allied to Islamic State have been active in some remote mountains and in the southern desert border regions.
- Farm attacks and murders debated in Free State legislature
- Denel going back to court for legal ruling on Denel Asia joint venture
- Armed Forces Day events in Durban and Port Elizabeth cost R50 million plus
- Russian Naval Task Force surprises Cape Town
- Navy heroes who died attempting to save lives in Durban to be recognised
- Minister confirms 35 Squadron grounded
- Personnel rightsizing shaping up to be a headache for DoD
- SA hoping to sell weapons to Iran
- Navy sees Projects Biro and Hotel being beyond the horizon
- Gallery: SA Navy Festival 2017
Denel seeks closure on legality of Denel Asia JV
by Denel Corporate, 24 March 2017
The company has applied to the High Court of SA for an order declaring it obtained approval to form a joint venture with VR Laser Asia.
TactiCall system has quality, performance recognised by certification
by Saab, 23 March 2017
The Airwave certificate allows Saab to install and operate the TactiCall Dispatcher products at any UK customer using Airwave.
Saab receives order for AT4 CS ER and AT4 CS HP
by Saab, 22 March 2017
The AT4 CS ER and AT4 CS HP are lightweight, man-portable, fully disposable weapons characterised by ease of use and handling.
PAZ to extend Airbus radar satellites constellation for improved monitoring capabilities by end of 2017
by AIRBUS Defence & Space, 22 March 2017
Hisdesat's PAZ will be positioned in the same orbit as TerraSAR-X and TanDEM-X, and form a high-resolution SAR satellite constellation with them.