Ukrainian company refurbishing Angolan Il-76
Written by defenceWeb, Monday, 09 January 2017
The aircraft arrived at the Bila Tserkva airfield in the Ukraine on 23 December, after flying from Angola.
Refurbishment work is being carried out by Aviamir, at the Belotserkovsky Cargo Aircraft Complex (BVAK) and involves extending the aircraft’s operational life, BVAK said in a statement. The company has previously repaired An-72s and An-74s operated by Angola, which is believed to have two Il-76s and seven An-72/74s in service. Aviamir has previously carried out work on an Angolan Il-76TD and Republic of Congo Il-76TD.
Aviamir specialises in maintenance and life extension of Il-76 and An-12 platforms.
Other Angolan transport aircraft include several An-12s, An-26s, C212s, PC-6s and BN-2A Islanders.
READ MOREAngolan Air Force to receive two AW139s
Angola, Mali, Nigeria and Sudan receiving Russian attack, transport helicopters
Angolan Air Force acquires six AW109s
Angola’s Air Force has ordered new helicopters and is refurbishing existing models - in June 2016 it was confirmed as a new customer for the A109E Power, with six having been ordered in 2015 for 90 million euros. The Angolan Air Force recently took delivery of two AW139 helicopters from Leonardo Helicopters and is due to receive refurbished Mi-24P attack helicopters from Russian Helicopters, which in 2015/2016 delivered eight armed Mi-171Sh helicopters to Angola as part of a deal signed with Rosoboronexport in 2013.
- SA shipbuilding sector waiting for SA Navy tender finalisation to showcase capabilities
- SAAF assisting with firefighting in Western Cape
- Eleven suspected poachers arrested in Kruger
- Iranian Navy logistics vessel undergoing repairs in Durban
- Increase in number of poachers arrested in Zimbabwe as slaughter continues
- Over 80 000 arrested in security operations
- Denel struggling to find new orders for Seeker 400
- South Africa welcomes ECOWAS involvement in The Gambia
- SAS Amatola to visit four African countries on her European tour
- Military Veterans Department spends millions on education support
Airbus sells its shares in Atlas Elektronik
by AIRBUS Defence & Space, 13 January 2017
The company has entered into an agreement to sell its 49% share in Atlas Elektronik Group to thyssenkrupp.
Thales to equip the French forces with Spy'Ranger mini reconnaissance UAVs
by Thales, 10 January 2017
The mini surveillance and reconnaissance unmanned aerial vehicle has been chosen by the French Defence Procurement Agency.
Saab receives order from FMV for Gripen upgrades
by Saab, 10 January 2017
The order value is approximately SEK 215 million and deliveries will take place between 2017 and 2019.