Nigerian Air Force operating Gazelle helicopters
Written by defenceWeb, Monday, 16 March 2015
A recent Channels Television video clip showed images of the helicopters at a Nigerian Air Force installation in Lagos. It is not clear how many helicopters have been acquired or where they came from, although it appears they entered service last month. Several photos have circulated showing the helicopters, which are possibly flown by private military contractors.
The Channels Television video also showed one of the NAF’s recently refurbished AS332M1 Super Puma helicopters carrying a new 22-tube rocket pod on one of its stub wings. On February 15, Chief of the Air Staff Air Marshal Adesola Amosun told Radio Nigeria Network news that new aircraft weaponry was being tested and calibrated at the Owode weapons range.
The Nigerian Air Force has been acquiring new equipment recently, such as three Beechcraft King Air 350i light transport aircraft in August last year, two AgustaWestland AW101 VIP transport helicopters and refurbished Alpha Jets and C-130s. The NAF is also acquiring six Mi-35M attack helicopters and 12 armed Mi-171Sh helicopters which were ordered in August 2014.
READ MORENigerian warplanes bomb Boko Haram forest training camps
Nigeria interested in JF-17 fighters
Nigerian Air Force
- Canada says wants to move fast on jet contest
- Brazilian logistics firm to buy ten Lockheed Martin LM-100Js
- Lockheed Martin still sees the C-130J as being the solution to SAAF airlift capacity
- Aviation – “still the strongest industry on the planet…for now”
- U.S. Air Force confirms sending Lockheed F-35 jets to UK air shows
- It’s Russia’s turn to learn that stealth warplanes are hard to do
- Lockheed-Boeing rocket venture to launch micro satellites
- Egypt receives final four F-16s
- U.S. approves $11.25 billion warship sale to Saudi Arabia
- Lockheed Martin to supply Hellfire missiles to Egypt and Tunisia
Denel vindicated as high court dismisses with punitive costs LMT minority shareholders' business rescue application
by Denel Corporate, 28 July 2016
The application for business rescue brought to the North Gauteng High Court as an urgent matter by some LMT shareholders was dismissed with costs.
Williams takes the lead in Formula One with Thales cyber security solutions
by Thales, 22 July 2016
Thales will deliver cyber security solutions for real-time global telemetry transmission to Williams Martini Racing and Williams Advanced Engineering.
First batch of Denel vehicles shipped to UAE client
by Denel Corporate, 20 July 2016
The RG31 is a Mobile Mortar Platform that is regarded for its 4x4 capabilities, mobility and the protection it offers against anti-tank mines and explosive devices.