Nigerian Air Force operating Gazelle helicopters
Written by defenceWeb, Monday, 16 March 2015
A recent Channels Television video clip showed images of the helicopters at a Nigerian Air Force installation in Lagos. It is not clear how many helicopters have been acquired or where they came from, although it appears they entered service last month. Several photos have circulated showing the helicopters, which are possibly flown by private military contractors.
The Channels Television video also showed one of the NAF’s recently refurbished AS332M1 Super Puma helicopters carrying a new 22-tube rocket pod on one of its stub wings. On February 15, Chief of the Air Staff Air Marshal Adesola Amosun told Radio Nigeria Network news that new aircraft weaponry was being tested and calibrated at the Owode weapons range.
The Nigerian Air Force has been acquiring new equipment recently, such as three Beechcraft King Air 350i light transport aircraft in August last year, two AgustaWestland AW101 VIP transport helicopters and refurbished Alpha Jets and C-130s. The NAF is also acquiring six Mi-35M attack helicopters and 12 armed Mi-171Sh helicopters which were ordered in August 2014.
READ MORENigerian warplanes bomb Boko Haram forest training camps
Nigeria interested in JF-17 fighters
Nigerian Air Force
- Egyptian general shot and killed
- First drone blood drop in Rwanda
- Egyptian court confirms 20-year prison sentence on Mursi
- Shelves go bare in Egypt as soaring sugar prices catch government off guard
- SA drone operator announces a first across Africa and issues a warning
- Egypt’s Sisi denies supporting Ethiopian opposition
- Islamic State drone kills two Kurdish fighters, wounds two French soldiers
- New Egyptian militant group claims assassination of policeman
- US approves sale of helicopter countermeasures to Egypt
- Second Egyptian Mistral vessel arrives home
Acquisition boosts leisure market for Nautic Group
by Nautic Africa, 26 October 2016
The Paramount Group company has acquired the Durban-based boat builder Austral Marine.
Top-class maintenance, repair and training augments Husky's success
by DCD, 25 October 2016
Its success in the field has been secured by support in training, maintenance and logistics by US-based Critical Solutions International.
Saab on display at Euronaval 2016
by Saab, 14 October 2016
The company will display its maritime surface and sub-surface capabilities, including mine warfare, at the event next week.