Nigerian Air Force operating Gazelle helicopters
Written by defenceWeb, Monday, 16 March 2015
A recent Channels Television video clip showed images of the helicopters at a Nigerian Air Force installation in Lagos. It is not clear how many helicopters have been acquired or where they came from, although it appears they entered service last month. Several photos have circulated showing the helicopters, which are possibly flown by private military contractors.
The Channels Television video also showed one of the NAF’s recently refurbished AS332M1 Super Puma helicopters carrying a new 22-tube rocket pod on one of its stub wings. On February 15, Chief of the Air Staff Air Marshal Adesola Amosun told Radio Nigeria Network news that new aircraft weaponry was being tested and calibrated at the Owode weapons range.
The Nigerian Air Force has been acquiring new equipment recently, such as three Beechcraft King Air 350i light transport aircraft in August last year, two AgustaWestland AW101 VIP transport helicopters and refurbished Alpha Jets and C-130s. The NAF is also acquiring six Mi-35M attack helicopters and 12 armed Mi-171Sh helicopters which were ordered in August 2014.
READ MORENigerian warplanes bomb Boko Haram forest training camps
Nigeria interested in JF-17 fighters
Nigerian Air Force
- French happy with multiple rocket launcher performance in Mali
- Egypt receives first Mistral class vessel, to get Molniya missile corvette from Russia
- Egypt deports popular Lebanese political talk show host
- Paris prosecutor opens manslaughter probe into crashed EgyptAir jet
- Airbus sees big growth in UAV market
- Austrian special forces prepare for deployment in Mali
- Egyptian court annuls deal to hand over two Red Sea islands to Saudi Arabia
- Egypt extending F-16 engine lives
- Egyptian court hands ex-president Mursi a second life sentence
- Egypt seeks Russian Tiger APCs
A first for Nautic
by Nautic Africa, 29 June 2016
The company has become the first shipyard in SA to achieve certification to the revised International Quality Management Standard, ISO 9001:2015.
AT4 Roquette NG, Carl-Gustaf M4 and NLAW lands at Eurosatory 2016
by Saab, 14 June 2016
These will be presented at Eurosatory 2016 in Paris, including AT4 Roquette NG, Carl-Gustaf M4, and NLAW.
Intelligent camouflage: the future step for Saab Barracuda
by Saab, 14 June 2016
At Eurosatory 2016 Saab highlights new concepts within the field of intelligent camouflage to the attending audience.