With Egypt in chaos, Mubarak misses court session
Mubarak's two sons, Alaa and Gamal, who are standing trial on corruption charges, were also absent, as was Mubarak's former interior minister, Habib el-Adly. A security official said all were absent for security reasons.
It was the first time Mubarak, 85, had missed a session in the retrial, which got underway in May. The judge adjourned proceedings until August 25, Reuters reports.
Violence erupted across Egypt on Friday during protests by Islamist opponents of the army-backed government that took power from President Mohamed Mursi, who became the second head of state to fall in two years when the military removed him on July 3.
Mubarak is being held at Tora Prison on the southern outskirts of Cairo - the same facility where senior members of Mursi's Muslim Brotherhood have been held since they were arrested in a crackdown on the organization.
Mubarak and Adly were convicted and sentenced to life in prison last June for failing to stop killing during the 2011 uprising that swept him from power. But a court ordered the retrial in January after accepting appeals from both the prosecution and the defense.
Each cited different shortcomings with a trial that was criticized for the weak evidence offered by the prosecution.
Mursi is also being detained, but at an undisclosed location. He faces a formal investigation into accusations stemming from his escape from prison during the uprising against Mubarak. The accusations against him include conspiring with the Palestinian group Hamas and murder.
- Zimbabwe opposition demands UN-conducted vote
- Mass graves in central DR Congo bear witness to growing violence
- DR Congo forces targeting civilians, denying peacekeepers access
- Security forces in Congo Republic kill rebel fighters
- AU, South Sudan stalling on human rights court: UN
- Two UN officials of US, Swedish nationality kidnapped in central DR Congo
- Suspected militiamen kidnap 5 workers at Banro's east Congo mine
- UN air operation disperses Central African Republic militia
- Abuse of power hampering missions and tarnishing militaries
- DR Congo soldiers kill 100 plus in militia clashes
TactiCall system has quality, performance recognised by certification
by Saab, 23 March 2017
The Airwave certificate allows Saab to install and operate the TactiCall Dispatcher products at any UK customer using Airwave.
Saab receives order for AT4 CS ER and AT4 CS HP
by Saab, 22 March 2017
The AT4 CS ER and AT4 CS HP are lightweight, man-portable, fully disposable weapons characterised by ease of use and handling.
PAZ to extend Airbus radar satellites constellation for improved monitoring capabilities by end of 2017
by AIRBUS Defence & Space, 22 March 2017
Hisdesat's PAZ will be positioned in the same orbit as TerraSAR-X and TanDEM-X, and form a high-resolution SAR satellite constellation with them.