New freighter for SAA
Written by defenceWeb, Friday, 07 June 2013
Another Boeing, this one a 737 -300, will replace the current B737-200 and is expected to be delivered in July. The SAA Cargo fleet will then comprise three B737 300Fs and a B737 400F.
Tleli Makhetha, SAA Cargo general manager said the freighters will replace the aging fleet and will bring additional stability to the freight schedule. The bigger aircraft will provide customers with extra capacity on key routes. The B737- 400 freighter can carry up to 22 tons on 10 pallet positions.
New Africa routes will be introduced with this delivery. The aircraft schedule will support the Regional Africa flights including the domestic night Johannesburg/Cape Town route.
SAA Cargo has over the years strengthened its presence in Africa in response to the growing demand for air freight services.
“We are excited about new business opportunities and will continue to provide our customers with reliable connectivity to all key markets in the region,” said Makhetha.
Top stories this week
- SAA receives fourth A320
- Boeing and SAA collaborating on biofuel
- SAA looks to in-flight relief for pilot development
- SAA revenue up but losses continue for 2013
- Trade union wants SAA cadet programme put on hold
- Aviation biofuel supply chain development for southern Africa
- Human Rights Commission to investigate SAA cadet programme
- Transformation needed in aviation – Gigaba
- Solidarity to approach HRC about SAA cadet programme
- SAA’s new pupil pilot intake all from previously disadvantaged communities
Airbus Defence and Space deploys LTE-based mobile CCTV solution as part of the Singapore Safe City Test Bed
by Cassidian, 22 April 2014
Airbus Defence and Space has deployed a vehicle-mounted closed circuit television solution as part of the project.
Airbus Defence and Space together with Sapura to establish long-term partnership in the field of C4ISR
by Cassidian, 17 April 2014
The companies have signed a collaboration agreement to establish a long-term co-operation in the field of C4ISR
Airbus Defence and Space presents the latest generation of electronic protection systems
by Cassidian, 16 April 2014
Airbus Defence and Space has presented new developments for the protection of troops operating in the world's hot spots.