New freighter for SAA
Written by defenceWeb, Friday, 07 June 2013
Another Boeing, this one a 737 -300, will replace the current B737-200 and is expected to be delivered in July. The SAA Cargo fleet will then comprise three B737 300Fs and a B737 400F.
Tleli Makhetha, SAA Cargo general manager said the freighters will replace the aging fleet and will bring additional stability to the freight schedule. The bigger aircraft will provide customers with extra capacity on key routes. The B737- 400 freighter can carry up to 22 tons on 10 pallet positions.
New Africa routes will be introduced with this delivery. The aircraft schedule will support the Regional Africa flights including the domestic night Johannesburg/Cape Town route.
SAA Cargo has over the years strengthened its presence in Africa in response to the growing demand for air freight services.
“We are excited about new business opportunities and will continue to provide our customers with reliable connectivity to all key markets in the region,” said Makhetha.
- African arms imports grew by 19 per cent over the last decade - SIPRI
- El Niño drought leaves almost a million African children severely malnourished
- ISS: The (re)marginalisation of Africa?
- U.S. military seeks to prepare Africa for shifting terror threat
- U.N. chief tells African leaders not to "cling to power"
- Africa’s defence sector at risk from corruption
- ISS: What (else) to expect in Africa in 2016?
- Pentagon ends 2015 with more African military contracts
- Streit Group: Big plans for Africa
- President Zuma calls for peace in Africa
South African defence company opens largest armoured vehicle factory in Central Asia
by Paramount Group, 28 April 2016
The South African-based global defence and aerospace business has opened an armoured vehicle factory in Kazakhstan.
Boeing and Paramount to collaborate on light multi-role aircraft
by Paramount Group, 25 April 2016
The advanced, high performance, reconnaissance light aircraft is designed to incorporate advanced intelligence, surveillance and reconnaissance capabilities.
Chairman of Paramount Group calls for affordable defence solutions at global aerospace summit
by Paramount Group, 21 April 2016
Defence budgets are under pressure at a time when threat levels are higher than they've been in years, says Paramount Group chairman Ivor Ichikowitz.