New freighter for SAA
Written by defenceWeb, Friday, 07 June 2013
Another Boeing, this one a 737 -300, will replace the current B737-200 and is expected to be delivered in July. The SAA Cargo fleet will then comprise three B737 300Fs and a B737 400F.
Tleli Makhetha, SAA Cargo general manager said the freighters will replace the aging fleet and will bring additional stability to the freight schedule. The bigger aircraft will provide customers with extra capacity on key routes. The B737- 400 freighter can carry up to 22 tons on 10 pallet positions.
New Africa routes will be introduced with this delivery. The aircraft schedule will support the Regional Africa flights including the domestic night Johannesburg/Cape Town route.
SAA Cargo has over the years strengthened its presence in Africa in response to the growing demand for air freight services.
“We are excited about new business opportunities and will continue to provide our customers with reliable connectivity to all key markets in the region,” said Makhetha.
- Boeing and SAA collaborating on biofuel
- SAA looks to in-flight relief for pilot development
- SAA revenue up but losses continue for 2013
- Trade union wants SAA cadet programme put on hold
- Aviation biofuel supply chain development for southern Africa
- Human Rights Commission to investigate SAA cadet programme
- Transformation needed in aviation – Gigaba
- Solidarity to approach HRC about SAA cadet programme
- SAA’s new pupil pilot intake all from previously disadvantaged communities
- SAA going green
Saab's annual report 2013 available on the corporate Web site
by saab, 7 March 2014
Saab presents annual report 2013
Poynting offers custom antenna solutions
by Poynting Antennas, 7 March 2014
The company's Defence and Specialised Division focues on design, development, manufacture and sales of antennas and related RF equipment.
Denel tells Parliament of its 'transition from good to great'
by Denel Corporate, 27 February 2014
The company has achieved a successful financial turnaround and has a strong record of delivery on major products and projects .