New freighter for SAA
Written by defenceWeb, Friday, 07 June 2013
Another Boeing, this one a 737 -300, will replace the current B737-200 and is expected to be delivered in July. The SAA Cargo fleet will then comprise three B737 300Fs and a B737 400F.
Tleli Makhetha, SAA Cargo general manager said the freighters will replace the aging fleet and will bring additional stability to the freight schedule. The bigger aircraft will provide customers with extra capacity on key routes. The B737- 400 freighter can carry up to 22 tons on 10 pallet positions.
New Africa routes will be introduced with this delivery. The aircraft schedule will support the Regional Africa flights including the domestic night Johannesburg/Cape Town route.
SAA Cargo has over the years strengthened its presence in Africa in response to the growing demand for air freight services.
“We are excited about new business opportunities and will continue to provide our customers with reliable connectivity to all key markets in the region,” said Makhetha.
Top stories this week
- Botswana acquires 14 Bat Hawk aircraft to boost anti-poaching operations
- Zuma to fly to France in another bizjet shadowed by Inkwazi
- SA Navy praised for International Fleet Review and Ibsamar participation
- Simulation training for 4 SAI
- Nigerian Navy’s Falcon Eye maritime surveillance system fully operational
- Airbus has not given up on South Africa
- Airbus, Safran finalize space launchers merger
- Airbus sees big growth in UAV market
- Mali and Egypt to receive C295s this year
- Airbus narrows gap with Boeing after 83 orders in May
- Indonesia to buy Airbus A400M military transport planes: minister
- Air Côte D’Ivoire orders two A320neos and two A320s
- Somali plane bomb meant to kill all aboard: minister
- Iran’s aerospace market restarts
- Airbus beats Boeing in 2015 order race, lags on deliveries
A first for Nautic
by Nautic Africa, 29 June 2016
The company has become the first shipyard in SA to achieve certification to the revised International Quality Management Standard, ISO 9001:2015.
AT4 Roquette NG, Carl-Gustaf M4 and NLAW lands at Eurosatory 2016
by Saab, 14 June 2016
These will be presented at Eurosatory 2016 in Paris, including AT4 Roquette NG, Carl-Gustaf M4, and NLAW.
Intelligent camouflage: the future step for Saab Barracuda
by Saab, 14 June 2016
At Eurosatory 2016 Saab highlights new concepts within the field of intelligent camouflage to the attending audience.