Press release issued by DCD VISIT OUR PRESS OFFICE
The Essington Lewis Trophy is named in honour of Essington Lewis, a prominent industrialist who was heavily involved in Australia’s preparations for World War II.
Thank you to Chemring Aust. AVM (ret) Errol McMormack for acting as our representative and collecting this award on our behalf.
Credit and thanks for making this award possible goes to the DMO & Industry team as well as our teams.
- DCD and Mekahog unveil Ikri APC in Nigeria
- Indian Ocean Rim Association meets in Durban
- Search for MH370 to be most expensive in aviation history
- Australia to buy U.S. Triton drones to secure Indian Ocean resources
- Boeing wins $2.1 billion contract for 16 more P-8 spy planes
- Australia to buy eight Boeing Poseidon maritime patrol jets for $3.6 billion
- Husky 2G makes the blast and ballistic test grade
- US Army receives final Husky vehicles from DCD
- Nigerian Navy ship visits Cape Town en route to Australia’s international fleet review
- Nigerian Navy to take part in Australian international fleet review
Cassidian Optronics now Airbus DS Optronics
by AIRBUS Defence & Space, 2 October 2014
The company is now a 100% subsidiary of Airbus Defence and Space.
Saab receives order from FMV to overhaul submarine HMS Halland
by Saab, 2 October 2014
The company received an order from the Swedish Defence Materiel Administration to overhaul the submarine.
Airbus Defence and Space delivers electronics for German Armed Forces
by AIRBUS Defence & Space, 30 September 2014
The company delivers broadband transmit/receive modules to the German Armed Forces to undergo testing.
DF-A0047 handheld direction-finding antenna
by Poynting Antennas, 30 September 2014
The handheld direction-finding antenna is a also a transmitter hunting antenna in the 20MHz to 8 500MHz band.
Saab Grintek Defence makes EW parts for Swedish Gripen E
by Saab, 29 September 2014
Saab Grintek Defence will develop and manufacture parts for the electronic warfare system for Gripen Es.
Saab Grintek Defence to provide Naval Laser Warning System
by Saab, 23 September 2014
Development and production of the system for Germany's Rheinmetall Waffe Munition will take place in Cape Town.