Press release issued by Cassidian VISIT OUR PRESS OFFICE
60 base stations (TB3 and TB3c) and 1,500 terminals (THR9i, TMR880i and TGR990) will be delivered for the use by the Military Police Command, which is responsible for all Military Police units and operations. Together with the existing TETRA system in Taipei, the capital of Taiwan, which was also supplied by Cassidian in 2005, a true nationwide network with almost 5,000 terminals will support the customer’s operations seamlessly.
“We are honoured to play such an important role in professional radio communications in Taiwan,” said David Chan, Head of APAC Secure Communication Solutions at Cassidian. “This contract highlights the fact that our proven TETRA solution is recognised as a result of our ability to provide a truly seamless network, including its installation, launch and construction, as well as a modern, reliable after-sales service.”
About Cassidian (www.cassidian.com)
Cassidian, an EADS company, is a worldwide leader in global security solutions and systems, providing Lead Systems Integration and value-added products and services to civil and military customers around the globe: air systems (aircraft and unmanned aerial systems), land, naval and joint systems, intelligence and surveillance, cyber security, secure communications, test systems, missiles, services and support solutions. In 2011, Cassidian achieved revenues of € 5.8 billion. EADS is a global leader in aerospace, defence and related services. In 2011, the Group – comprising Airbus, Astrium, Cassidian and Eurocopter – generated revenues of € 49.1 billion and employed a workforce of more than 133,000.
Anke Sturtzel Tel.: +33 1 61 38 53 30
Cassidian Press centre:
- Airbus shows off new portfolio after restructuring
- CASSIDIAN at DSEI 2013
- Cassidian – giving submariners a better view of the maritime environment
- Cassidian comes out on top at the 2013 International TETRA Awards
- NS Durban to be OPVs home port
- Competition increasing for GEW Technologies
- Cassidian CyberSecurity awarded consultancy contract by major Oil and Gas company in the Middle East
- Maiden flight of Cassidian's Atlante unmanned air vehicle in Spain
- Cassidian delivers 100th Eurofighter to the German Air Force
- Cassidian to cooperate with Russian company Telum on public safety communications
Eurofighter submits bid to Denmark
by Cassidian, 28 July 2014
Airbus Defence and Space has bid for the replacement of Denmark's fleet of F-16 fighters.
Egypt orders eight more Airbus C295 tactical transports
by Cassidian, 23 July 2014
The new batch of aircraft will be delivered to the Egyptian Air Force by Airbus Defence and Space at the beginning of next year.
Thales I-Master radar gets new maritime mode
by Thales, 23 July 2014
Maritime Moving Target Indication mode tracks small, fast-moving craft to larger, slower vessels, in all weather conditions.