Press release issued by Cassidian VISIT OUR PRESS OFFICE
60 base stations (TB3 and TB3c) and 1,500 terminals (THR9i, TMR880i and TGR990) will be delivered for the use by the Military Police Command, which is responsible for all Military Police units and operations. Together with the existing TETRA system in Taipei, the capital of Taiwan, which was also supplied by Cassidian in 2005, a true nationwide network with almost 5,000 terminals will support the customer’s operations seamlessly.
“We are honoured to play such an important role in professional radio communications in Taiwan,” said David Chan, Head of APAC Secure Communication Solutions at Cassidian. “This contract highlights the fact that our proven TETRA solution is recognised as a result of our ability to provide a truly seamless network, including its installation, launch and construction, as well as a modern, reliable after-sales service.”
About Cassidian (www.cassidian.com)
Cassidian, an EADS company, is a worldwide leader in global security solutions and systems, providing Lead Systems Integration and value-added products and services to civil and military customers around the globe: air systems (aircraft and unmanned aerial systems), land, naval and joint systems, intelligence and surveillance, cyber security, secure communications, test systems, missiles, services and support solutions. In 2011, Cassidian achieved revenues of € 5.8 billion. EADS is a global leader in aerospace, defence and related services. In 2011, the Group – comprising Airbus, Astrium, Cassidian and Eurocopter – generated revenues of € 49.1 billion and employed a workforce of more than 133,000.
Anke Sturtzel Tel.: +33 1 61 38 53 30
Cassidian Press centre:
Top stories this week
- Airbus talking to SAAF on A400M, A330MRTT and C295
- South African remotely piloted aircraft regulations become operational on July 1
- All is not well in the Department of Military Veterans - DA
- Mapisa-Nqakula wishes for a defence budget that is two percent of GDP
- Problem areas for Seriti Commission named by retired police general
- Airbus shows off new portfolio after restructuring
- CASSIDIAN at DSEI 2013
- Cassidian – giving submariners a better view of the maritime environment
- Cassidian comes out on top at the 2013 International TETRA Awards
- NS Durban to be OPVs home port
- Competition increasing for GEW Technologies
- Cassidian CyberSecurity awarded consultancy contract by major Oil and Gas company in the Middle East
- Maiden flight of Cassidian's Atlante unmanned air vehicle in Spain
- Cassidian delivers 100th Eurofighter to the German Air Force
- Cassidian to cooperate with Russian company Telum on public safety communications
Paramount's Anti-Poaching and K9 Academy scoops top global, South African awards for best PR campaign
by Paramount Group, 22 May 2015
The company was awarded a Gold Sabre in the Geographic Category for Africa for Paramount's K9 Anti-Poaching Awareness Campaign.
Saab receives order for artillery ammunition
by Saab, 20 May 2015
Work on the SEK 114 million order will be performed by Saab's subsidiary, Saab Bofors Dynamics Switzerland.
Airbus Defence and Space launches satellite data management solution for machine-to-machine networks
by AIRBUS Defence & Space, 5 May 2015
The satellite data management solution for machine-to-machine networks provides visibility and control of satellite data in a single multi-device solution.
Upgraded PS-05/A radar gives Gripen C/D extended performance, operating range
by Saab, 29 April 2015
The PS-05/A Mk4's hardware configuration with a new radar back-end gives improved radar performance and operational range, says Saab.
Saab signs contract with Brazil on weapon acquisition for Gripen NG
by Saab, 28 April 2015
The total order value for the Gripen NG weapon acquisition by the Brazilian Ministry of Defence is approximately $245 million.
Nautic Africa acquires Anchor Boat Shop
by Nautic Africa, 24 April 2015
Established nearly 80 years ago, the boat producer holds the exclusive rights for Yamaha engine sales in Africa.