German government agrees 330 troops for Mali support
Written by Reuters, Tuesday, 19 February 2013
The German mission, which still needs the approval of the Bundestag lower house of parliament, would not be allowed to take part in any fighting, government spokesman Steffen Seibert said in a statement.
France sent military forces to Mali in January to halt a push by rebels linked to al Qaeda that Western powers feared could turn the West African country into a springboard for further attacks, Reuters reports.
The French intervention has pushed the insurgents out of northern Mali's main urban centers into the mountains and desert.
Up to 180 German servicemen and women will join a European Union military training mission in Mali, Berlin said.
Another 150 would help transport African and French troops and fuel aircraft during the one-year mission, it added.
- Denel still pursuing LEO artillery project
- Denel completes mockup, seeking development partners for SARA
- Denel “still on a growth trajectory”
- Rooivalks the ‘blue eyed boys’ of UN mission in the DRC
- Denel ISM helping upgrade SA Army’s air defences
- Denel “vindicated” by High Court dismissal of business rescue application
- Denel says it is on track to pay employee bonuses
- SA Army to get T5s?
- Denel workers protest over late payment of bonuses – Solidarity
- Denel Vehicle Systems ships first RG-31s to UAE
Saab attends Africa Aerospace and Defence 2016
by Saab, 25 August 2016
The company will discuss a number of its solutions, including the Integrated Defence Aids Suite and the Saab 340 Maritime Surveillance system.
Africa Aerospace & Defence Show 2016 coming next month
by Safomar Aviation, 24 August 2016
The Africa Aerospace & Defence Show 2016 will run from 14 to 18 September at the Air Force Base Waterkloof, Centurion.
Truvelo to launch new company during AAD 2016
by Truvelo, 24 August 2016
The company will unveil Truvelo Africa Mechanical Division at the Africa Aerospace and Defence Exhibition, between 14 and 18 September.