Press release issued by Navantia SA VISIT OUR PRESS OFFICE
The conference, held on January 30 and 31, was welcomed by Mr José M Sanjurjo from Navantia and Vice Admiral José A Ruesta from the Spanish Navy. It hosted representatives from several international navies that presented and discussed programmes and future plans.
On behalf of Navantia, on January 30, Mr Angel Recamán, Navantia’s Vice President for Engineering, gave a briefing on “Navantia Engineering approach to the current defence market scenario”. On the 31st, Mr Antonio Pérez de Lucas, Navantia’s Vice President for Innovation spoke about “A different perspective to modularity concepts applied in OPV designs for the Spanish Navy.”
The Surface Warships conference was an opportunity to further understand the challenges that navies face and the technological solutions available.
The development of highly capable, flexible and value for money surface fleets that are capable of functioning with coalition partners in a wide-variety of threat environments, remains fundamental to the modern navy.
The Surface Warships 2013 conference enabled participants to get an update on the latest vessel designs; understand how officers from developing and newer navies are executing their procurement strategies; and discuss the successful integration and operation of core combat systems into vessels.
Top stories this week
- Kruger helicopter crash investigation reveals training and skills shortfalls
- Norway and South Africa co-operating on stopping illegal and unlawful fishing
- Mid-life upgrades for SA Navy Valour Class frigates
- Mali and Egypt to receive C295s this year
- US military veterans coming to help in the fight against rhino poaching
- U.S. begins targeted sanctions on Congo official
- Auctioneer gets year in U.S. prison for ivory, rhino horn smuggling
- US reveals use of defensive fire in Somalia
- Exercise Central Accord 2016 kicks-off in Gabon
- Islamic State claims responsibility for Orlando nightclub mass shooting
- U.S., Britain back South Sudan war crimes court
- Drones emerge from shadows to become key cog in U.S. war machine
- US issues terror alert for its citizens in South Africa
- U.S. strikes Islamic State from Mediterranean carrier for first time
- Number of terrorist attacks fell in 2015 - U.S. report
AT4 Roquette NG, Carl-Gustaf M4 and NLAW lands at Eurosatory 2016
by Saab, 14 June 2016
These will be presented at Eurosatory 2016 in Paris, including AT4 Roquette NG, Carl-Gustaf M4, and NLAW.
Intelligent camouflage: the future step for Saab Barracuda
by Saab, 14 June 2016
At Eurosatory 2016 Saab highlights new concepts within the field of intelligent camouflage to the attending audience.
Saab to deliver CBRN equipment to Swedish Civil Contingencies Agency
by Saab, 9 June 2016
The company will deliver the test kits with advanced indication equipment to the Swedish Civil Contingencies Agency, in September.