Press release issued by Navantia SA VISIT OUR PRESS OFFICE
The conference, held on January 30 and 31, was welcomed by Mr José M Sanjurjo from Navantia and Vice Admiral José A Ruesta from the Spanish Navy. It hosted representatives from several international navies that presented and discussed programmes and future plans.
On behalf of Navantia, on January 30, Mr Angel Recamán, Navantia’s Vice President for Engineering, gave a briefing on “Navantia Engineering approach to the current defence market scenario”. On the 31st, Mr Antonio Pérez de Lucas, Navantia’s Vice President for Innovation spoke about “A different perspective to modularity concepts applied in OPV designs for the Spanish Navy.”
The Surface Warships conference was an opportunity to further understand the challenges that navies face and the technological solutions available.
The development of highly capable, flexible and value for money surface fleets that are capable of functioning with coalition partners in a wide-variety of threat environments, remains fundamental to the modern navy.
The Surface Warships 2013 conference enabled participants to get an update on the latest vessel designs; understand how officers from developing and newer navies are executing their procurement strategies; and discuss the successful integration and operation of core combat systems into vessels.
Top stories this week
- Home Affairs sets up team to look at visa regulation implementation
- ISS: Prosecuting Kenyatta - damned if you do, damned if you don't
- Paramount establishes Paramount Aerospace Azerbaijan
- Three rhinos shot every day in South Africa
- Specialist training needed if Army is to contribute more to counter-poaching
- Navantia upgrades Algerian amphibious ship
- Denel launches space engineering unit
- NAVANTIA presents the AVANTE family in IDEX
- Navantia upgrading Mozambican patrol vessel
- Navantia celebrates the arrival of ALHD “Canberra” to Australia
- Navantia to modernise Algerian Navy warships
- Navantia commissions POV "Kariña"
- Veecraft to market Navantia OPVs to South Africa
- Navantia commissions OPV for the Spanish Navy
- Australian amphibian headed for Cape Town
Saab wins LEDS-50 MK2 launch order
by Saab, 18 September 2014
The LEDS-50 MK2 provides additional protection to the vehicle and crew by detecting the presence of latest generation laser threats.
Denel positive about participating at 8th Africa Aerospace and Defence show
by Denel Corporate, 18 September 2014
The company aims to reconfirm its leadership within the hi-tech aerospace and defence markets in Africa.
Through-life support communication systems
by Reutech, 18 September 2014
The demonstrations of an integrated communications on the move platform will take place at AAD 2014.
Global defence trends to be discussed at conference hosted by Denel
by Denel Corporate, 15 September 2014
The inaugural Denel Aerospace and Defence Conference will offer intense discussions on the challenges and opportunities facing the industry.
Reutech equipped for Project Biro
by Reutech, 15 September 2014
The company is able to supply equipment and services to the SA Navy programme for the procurement of offshore and inshore patrol vessels.
NATO milestone - RRS delivers first major export order on product level
by Reutech, 12 September 2014
All five RSR 210Ns from Reutech Radar Systems have been fully accepted into the Royal Norwegian Navy.