Press release issued by Navantia SA VISIT OUR PRESS OFFICE
The conference, held on January 30 and 31, was welcomed by Mr José M Sanjurjo from Navantia and Vice Admiral José A Ruesta from the Spanish Navy. It hosted representatives from several international navies that presented and discussed programmes and future plans.
On behalf of Navantia, on January 30, Mr Angel Recamán, Navantia’s Vice President for Engineering, gave a briefing on “Navantia Engineering approach to the current defence market scenario”. On the 31st, Mr Antonio Pérez de Lucas, Navantia’s Vice President for Innovation spoke about “A different perspective to modularity concepts applied in OPV designs for the Spanish Navy.”
The Surface Warships conference was an opportunity to further understand the challenges that navies face and the technological solutions available.
The development of highly capable, flexible and value for money surface fleets that are capable of functioning with coalition partners in a wide-variety of threat environments, remains fundamental to the modern navy.
The Surface Warships 2013 conference enabled participants to get an update on the latest vessel designs; understand how officers from developing and newer navies are executing their procurement strategies; and discuss the successful integration and operation of core combat systems into vessels.
- Tunisia’s rainbow government faces cloudy future
- France expels Tunisian man, citing severe threat to public safety
- Tunisia stops militant cell plotting attacks
- More ScanEagles for Tunisia
- UK Armed Forces help Tunisian forces fight violent extremism
- Tunisian tourism struggling a year after Islamist attacks
- Two Tunisians killed in landmine blast near Algerian border
- Insight - As fighters return from Libya, Tunisia faces growing challenge
- Tunisian forces say kill local Islamic State commander in clashes
- Tunisia gets U.S planes, jeeps to guard Libyan border
Saab attends Africa Aerospace and Defence 2016
by Saab, 25 August 2016
The company will discuss a number of its solutions, including the Integrated Defence Aids Suite and the Saab 340 Maritime Surveillance system.
Africa Aerospace & Defence Show 2016 coming next month
by Safomar Aviation, 24 August 2016
The Africa Aerospace & Defence Show 2016 will run from 14 to 18 September at the Air Force Base Waterkloof, Centurion.
Truvelo to launch new company during AAD 2016
by Truvelo, 24 August 2016
The company will unveil Truvelo Africa Mechanical Division at the Africa Aerospace and Defence Exhibition, between 14 and 18 September.