Press release issued by Navantia SA VISIT OUR PRESS OFFICE
The conference, held on January 30 and 31, was welcomed by Mr José M Sanjurjo from Navantia and Vice Admiral José A Ruesta from the Spanish Navy. It hosted representatives from several international navies that presented and discussed programmes and future plans.
On behalf of Navantia, on January 30, Mr Angel Recamán, Navantia’s Vice President for Engineering, gave a briefing on “Navantia Engineering approach to the current defence market scenario”. On the 31st, Mr Antonio Pérez de Lucas, Navantia’s Vice President for Innovation spoke about “A different perspective to modularity concepts applied in OPV designs for the Spanish Navy.”
The Surface Warships conference was an opportunity to further understand the challenges that navies face and the technological solutions available.
The development of highly capable, flexible and value for money surface fleets that are capable of functioning with coalition partners in a wide-variety of threat environments, remains fundamental to the modern navy.
The Surface Warships 2013 conference enabled participants to get an update on the latest vessel designs; understand how officers from developing and newer navies are executing their procurement strategies; and discuss the successful integration and operation of core combat systems into vessels.
Top stories this week
- Parliamentary Defence Committee fact-finding visit to SANDF facilities and bases
- Mali leader warns UN: Qaeda, Islamic State gaining ground in country
- Angola, Mali, Nigeria and Sudan receiving Russian attack, transport helicopters
- Cameroon and Somalia getting Oshkosh vehicles
- Denel teams up to supply Saudi Arabia with Ingwe missile
- UN call for support for Libyan government and upholding arms ban
- Canada confirms citizen kidnapped in Libya
- Libyan prime minister calls for national reconciliation in splintered country
- U.N.-backed Libyan leader open to talks with eastern rival
- Libyan forces say foil Islamic State car bombings in Sirte
- Six killed in east Libya military helicopter crash
- Air strike kills civilians in central Libya – doctor
- Libya exports first oil from Ras Lanuf since 2014
- UN launches appeal for Libya’s Sirte as forces renew push against IS
- Italians, Canadian kidnapped in Libya desert
Young Denel engineers produce breakthrough weapon
by Denel Corporate, 30 September 2016
Dakalo Nekhumbe, Phindile Mashaba and Marumo Talane developed a new generation light-weight machine gun, the DMG-5.
Saab extends third-party maintenance support for peacekeeping initiatives in Africa
by Saab, 26 September 2016
Saab Kenya has extended a contract to provide third-party maintenance services to peacekeeping initiatives in Somalia.
Saab receives order for RBS 70 NG
by Saab, 22 September 2016
System deliveries will take place between 2018 and 2020, followed by long-term maintenance and support of the systems.