Press release issued by Navantia SA VISIT OUR PRESS OFFICE
The conference, held on January 30 and 31, was welcomed by Mr José M Sanjurjo from Navantia and Vice Admiral José A Ruesta from the Spanish Navy. It hosted representatives from several international navies that presented and discussed programmes and future plans.
On behalf of Navantia, on January 30, Mr Angel Recamán, Navantia’s Vice President for Engineering, gave a briefing on “Navantia Engineering approach to the current defence market scenario”. On the 31st, Mr Antonio Pérez de Lucas, Navantia’s Vice President for Innovation spoke about “A different perspective to modularity concepts applied in OPV designs for the Spanish Navy.”
The Surface Warships conference was an opportunity to further understand the challenges that navies face and the technological solutions available.
The development of highly capable, flexible and value for money surface fleets that are capable of functioning with coalition partners in a wide-variety of threat environments, remains fundamental to the modern navy.
The Surface Warships 2013 conference enabled participants to get an update on the latest vessel designs; understand how officers from developing and newer navies are executing their procurement strategies; and discuss the successful integration and operation of core combat systems into vessels.
Top stories this week
- US hands over six Hueys to Kenya – two more on the way
- More Gambian political prisoners released
- New wide area surveillance system in Kruger is another poaching deterrent
- CSIR partnering with US-based company to produce long endurance UAV
- Former SADF veterans look to be left out of defence industry charter
- Denel partners with VR Laser to form Denel Asia
- Zimbabwe’s Mugabe warms to the West as economy wobbles
- UAE, Bahrain say 50 soldiers killed in Yemen attack
- Overcapacity stifling Europe's defence industry
- Airbus completes overhaul, says major projects on track
- Tunisian factories close, jobs go as political crisis drags on
- Insight: Pre-electoral feuding threatens Nigeria's economy
- Airbus Military, EADS North America deliver HC 144A Maintenance Training Unit to US Coast Guard
- Competition increasing for GEW Technologies
- Cassidian joins forces with ATECH to provide advanced mission avionics for Brazilian Navy EC725 helicopters
Saab Grintek Defence wins South African Exporter Award 2016
by Saab, 9 December 2016
The SA Premier Business Awards is organised by the DTI, in partnership with Proudly South Africa and Brand South Africa.
Denel partnership with European manufacturer producing results
by Denel Corporate, 9 December 2016
Denel PMP and Nordic company NAMMO will produce niche products that meet the specialised needs of the SANDF.
Denel joins forces with global leaders to market geospatial products
by Denel Corporate, 6 December 2016
Denel Integrated Systems and Maritime will team up with Hexagon Geospatial and Geo Data Design to market geospatial products.