Press release issued by Navantia SA VISIT OUR PRESS OFFICE
The conference, held on January 30 and 31, was welcomed by Mr José M Sanjurjo from Navantia and Vice Admiral José A Ruesta from the Spanish Navy. It hosted representatives from several international navies that presented and discussed programmes and future plans.
On behalf of Navantia, on January 30, Mr Angel Recamán, Navantia’s Vice President for Engineering, gave a briefing on “Navantia Engineering approach to the current defence market scenario”. On the 31st, Mr Antonio Pérez de Lucas, Navantia’s Vice President for Innovation spoke about “A different perspective to modularity concepts applied in OPV designs for the Spanish Navy.”
The Surface Warships conference was an opportunity to further understand the challenges that navies face and the technological solutions available.
The development of highly capable, flexible and value for money surface fleets that are capable of functioning with coalition partners in a wide-variety of threat environments, remains fundamental to the modern navy.
The Surface Warships 2013 conference enabled participants to get an update on the latest vessel designs; understand how officers from developing and newer navies are executing their procurement strategies; and discuss the successful integration and operation of core combat systems into vessels.
Top stories this week
- Soldiers shoot at police and vehicle trackers on KZN/Mozambique border
- Nautic Africa to deliver boarding craft to South African Navy
- Denel expects Rooivalk production decision later this year
- Parliamentary Committee hears chances of catching rhino poachers are slim
- SAAF Oryx damaged in DRC taxiing incident
- World insecurity driving naval vessel market
- Navantia upgrades Algerian amphibious ship
- Denel launches space engineering unit
- NAVANTIA presents the AVANTE family in IDEX
- Navantia upgrading Mozambican patrol vessel
- Navantia celebrates the arrival of ALHD “Canberra” to Australia
- Navantia to modernise Algerian Navy warships
- Navantia commissions POV "Kariña"
- Veecraft to market Navantia OPVs to South Africa
- Navantia commissions OPV for the Spanish Navy
Skynet 5A satellite starts move eastwards
by AIRBUS Defence & Space, 28 July 2015
The relocation will extend the Skynet constellation coverage and services, providing near-global military X-band and UHF coverage.
Strong order book, growing profit, diversified product offering confirm Denel as Africa's hi-tech powerhouse
by Denel Corporate, 24 July 2015
The company has an order book of over R35 billion, triple the value of secured orders of a few years ago, and a six-fold annual revenue cover.
Southern African Shipyards leads cost management in African shipbuilding
by 6Sigma Naval Architects, 22 July 2015The company is taking part in two tenders for the South African Navy, and has selected the CostFact system to cover its calculation demands.
Paramount Group supports orphanage, homeless shelter for Mandela Day
by Paramount Group, 21 July 2015The Paramount team assisted the Thusong Children's Orphanage and the MES Kempton City Homeless Shelter.
Denel dogs to sniff out rhino poachers in Kruger
by Denel Corporate, 16 July 2015
Specially trained dogs will be deployed in the nature reserve for the next 18 months, in terms of an agreement between Denel and SANParks.
Denel to offer wide-ranging products to African defence leaders
by Denel Corporate, 6 July 2015
It will exhibit these at the Land Forces Africa conference at the Heartfelt Arena in Thaba-Tshwane today and tomorrow.