Press release issued by Navantia SA VISIT OUR PRESS OFFICE
The conference, held on January 30 and 31, was welcomed by Mr José M Sanjurjo from Navantia and Vice Admiral José A Ruesta from the Spanish Navy. It hosted representatives from several international navies that presented and discussed programmes and future plans.
On behalf of Navantia, on January 30, Mr Angel Recamán, Navantia’s Vice President for Engineering, gave a briefing on “Navantia Engineering approach to the current defence market scenario”. On the 31st, Mr Antonio Pérez de Lucas, Navantia’s Vice President for Innovation spoke about “A different perspective to modularity concepts applied in OPV designs for the Spanish Navy.”
The Surface Warships conference was an opportunity to further understand the challenges that navies face and the technological solutions available.
The development of highly capable, flexible and value for money surface fleets that are capable of functioning with coalition partners in a wide-variety of threat environments, remains fundamental to the modern navy.
The Surface Warships 2013 conference enabled participants to get an update on the latest vessel designs; understand how officers from developing and newer navies are executing their procurement strategies; and discuss the successful integration and operation of core combat systems into vessels.
Top stories this week
- Feature: Lockheed Martin’s latest SAAF C-130J offer tied to Defence Review
- Feature: Communications interception device bust highlights the world of non-government spying
- Tempe guards’ assault rifles stolen while on duty
- Tunisia commissions first locally-built warship
- More South African military training asked for by the DRC
- World insecurity driving naval vessel market
- Navantia upgrades Algerian amphibious ship
- Denel launches space engineering unit
- NAVANTIA presents the AVANTE family in IDEX
- Navantia upgrading Mozambican patrol vessel
- Navantia celebrates the arrival of ALHD “Canberra” to Australia
- Navantia to modernise Algerian Navy warships
- Navantia commissions POV "Kariña"
- Veecraft to market Navantia OPVs to South Africa
- Navantia commissions OPV for the Spanish Navy
Southern Power Products to participate in global testing phase of new engines
by Nautic Africa, 28 August 2015
The company has partnered with Cimco to supply sub-Sahara with an OXE Diesel S-BPU engine, which will be fitted to a Nautic Africa vessel.
Saab's latest Carl-Gustaf M4, AT4 debut at DSEI 2015
by Saab, 27 August 2015
The Carl-Gustaf M4 is compatible with future battlefield technology such as intelligent sighting systems for programmable ammunition.
Saab receives UK orders for Giraffe
by Saab, 25 August 2015
The UK Ministry of Defence has requested additional Giraffe AMB radar systems plus upgrades of the existing systems and equipment.