Press release issued by Navantia SA VISIT OUR PRESS OFFICE
The conference, held on January 30 and 31, was welcomed by Mr José M Sanjurjo from Navantia and Vice Admiral José A Ruesta from the Spanish Navy. It hosted representatives from several international navies that presented and discussed programmes and future plans.
On behalf of Navantia, on January 30, Mr Angel Recamán, Navantia’s Vice President for Engineering, gave a briefing on “Navantia Engineering approach to the current defence market scenario”. On the 31st, Mr Antonio Pérez de Lucas, Navantia’s Vice President for Innovation spoke about “A different perspective to modularity concepts applied in OPV designs for the Spanish Navy.”
The Surface Warships conference was an opportunity to further understand the challenges that navies face and the technological solutions available.
The development of highly capable, flexible and value for money surface fleets that are capable of functioning with coalition partners in a wide-variety of threat environments, remains fundamental to the modern navy.
The Surface Warships 2013 conference enabled participants to get an update on the latest vessel designs; understand how officers from developing and newer navies are executing their procurement strategies; and discuss the successful integration and operation of core combat systems into vessels.
Top stories this week
- All is not well in the Department of Military Veterans - DA
- Mapisa-Nqakula wishes for a defence budget that is two percent of GDP
- Problem areas for Seriti Commission named by retired police general
- Denel Mechem producing Casspir cargo truck
- Positive results from UAVs trialled as anti-poaching tool in Kruger
- World insecurity driving naval vessel market
- Navantia upgrades Algerian amphibious ship
- Denel launches space engineering unit
- NAVANTIA presents the AVANTE family in IDEX
- Navantia upgrading Mozambican patrol vessel
- Navantia celebrates the arrival of ALHD “Canberra” to Australia
- Navantia to modernise Algerian Navy warships
- Navantia commissions POV "Kariña"
- Veecraft to market Navantia OPVs to South Africa
- Navantia commissions OPV for the Spanish Navy
Paramount's Anti-Poaching and K9 Academy scoops top global, South African awards for best PR campaign
by Paramount Group, 22 May 2015
The company was awarded a Gold Sabre in the Geographic Category for Africa for Paramount's K9 Anti-Poaching Awareness Campaign.
Saab receives order for artillery ammunition
by Saab, 20 May 2015
Work on the SEK 114 million order will be performed by Saab's subsidiary, Saab Bofors Dynamics Switzerland.
Airbus Defence and Space launches satellite data management solution for machine-to-machine networks
by AIRBUS Defence & Space, 5 May 2015
The satellite data management solution for machine-to-machine networks provides visibility and control of satellite data in a single multi-device solution.
Upgraded PS-05/A radar gives Gripen C/D extended performance, operating range
by Saab, 29 April 2015
The PS-05/A Mk4's hardware configuration with a new radar back-end gives improved radar performance and operational range, says Saab.
Saab signs contract with Brazil on weapon acquisition for Gripen NG
by Saab, 28 April 2015
The total order value for the Gripen NG weapon acquisition by the Brazilian Ministry of Defence is approximately $245 million.
Nautic Africa acquires Anchor Boat Shop
by Nautic Africa, 24 April 2015
Established nearly 80 years ago, the boat producer holds the exclusive rights for Yamaha engine sales in Africa.