JSE-listed Poynting Antennas has acquired local antenna manufacturer Radiant Antennas, the company announced yesterday.
Poynting, which designs, manufactures and supplies antennas and telecommunication products to the cellular, wireless data and defence markets in SA and internationally, has up until now offered high-frequency (HF), very high frequency (VHF) and ultra-high frequency (UHF) services, ITWeb reports.
The company says the acquisition will expand its current product range to include HF, VHF and UHF antennas and masts. “[It will also] unlock operational efficiencies and further entrench Poynting in the international defence industry.”
As per the acquisition, effective as of 1 July, Poynting will assume all of Radiant's assets, including debtors, fixed assets, stock, any pre-payments and Radiant's right, title and interest in and to contracts.
“Graeme Cunningham Davis, the founder and general manager of Radiant, has entered into a contract of employment with Poynting Antennas and will add considerably to the growth of the company going forward,” says Poynting.
- Military trade unions – is there room for them in the SANDF?
- Sandu and SANDF look set for another court battle
- Scaled down SANDF contribution for Freedom Day
- SANDF will be part of UN DRC intervention brigade
- SANDF deaths near the 30 mark in four months
- SANDF involvement in DRC intervention brigade held back for “security”
- No more SA soldiers in CAR – SANDF
- SANDF to be part of UN DRC intervention brigade
- Putting the CARt ahead of the SANDF
- “No build-up of troops or material” – SANDF
Air traffic networks across SA modernised
24 May 2013 - Thales and Air Traffic Navigation Services (ATNS) Company of South Africa longstanding partners in air traffic management (ATM) systems are immensely proud to announce the recent signature of several significant ...
defenceWeb shines at Air Capability Demonstration
21 May 2013 - defenceWeb, Africas leading defence and security news portal, was invited by the South African Air Force to attend its annual Air Capability Demonstration a spectacular live-fire showcase of the ...
Airbus Military, EADS North America deliver HC 144A Maintenance Training Unit to US Coast Guard
16 May 2013 - The US Coast Guard Aviation Logistics Center has purchased the prototype CN235 aircraft and plans to transform it into an HC-144A maintenance training unit. The HC-144A is based ...