Press release issued by Denel PMP VISIT OUR PRESS OFFICE
The weapon/ammunition interface requirements as well as performance requirements and specifications of the ammunition were extremely tight.
The major challenges and risks centered around the following parameters:
Ballistic matching of all three types
The dispersion and weapon functioning were found to be the most challenging. PMP complies with very strict specifications and tolerances and is therefore proud to report that all the above challenges were overcome by relentless perseverance of all involved.
If one takes into account the time between cycles of design, manufacture and test, which sometimes can be months at a time, the project was completed over a relative short period.
The quality is comparable with any other supplier of 30 x 173mm ammunition in the world. The ammunition is interchangeable with the Bushmaster II Weapon and linked ammunition has already been fired successfully on this weapon.
PMP is ready to go into the production phase and is working hard to secure orders.
A mixed consignment of 11000 rounds has recently been manufactured, tested, accepted and delivered to DLS for Cannon and Turret qualification tests.
PMP is also developing a HEI-T round to compliment the SAPHEI-T in combat. The HEI-T is more effective against thin skin vehicles and light targets whereas the SAPHEI-T is more effective against light armoured vehicles and targets when deeper penetration is required.
To further extend the war capability of the range of ammunition, PMP is also considering producing an APFSDS-T round in co-operation with another international manufacturer.
The ammunition is compatible with the Bushmaster MK II and MK 44 canon and linked or unlinked ammunition can be supplied.
Top stories this week
- New single day record set by South Sudanese fleeing into Uganda
- Uganda troops in South Sudan to evacuate citizens after violence
- Ugandan opposition leader released on bail
- ICC refers Uganda, Djibouti to UN for failure to arrest Sudan’s Al-Bashir
- On Africa tour, Israeli PM remembers brother killed in Entebbe rescue
- Uganda says to pull troops out of Somalia by end of 2017
- “All we ask is our land back” Uganda’s Bugala Island farmers
- Ugandan soldier kills four women, three children at barracks
- Uganda police say senior officer wounded in attack on police station dies
- Ugandan soldier killed in attack at regional police base
Williams takes the lead in Formula One with Thales cyber security solutions
by Thales, 22 July 2016
Thales will deliver cyber security solutions for real-time global telemetry transmission to Williams Martini Racing and Williams Advanced Engineering.
First batch of Denel vehicles shipped to UAE client
by Denel Corporate, 20 July 2016
The RG31 is a Mobile Mortar Platform that is regarded for its 4x4 capabilities, mobility and the protection it offers against anti-tank mines and explosive devices.
Saab to supply KleinPort port management system to Curacao Ports Authority
by Saab, 20 July 2016
Saab will install the latest version of its KleinPort system for CPA's harbour management system.