Press release issued by Airbus Military VISIT OUR PRESS OFFICE
The flight was the first of a series of trials planned in a joint Airbus Military – MBDA collaboration to validate the aerodynamic integration of Marte on the C295. Subsequent flights will include handling qualities tests and aircraft flight performance tests.
This initiative successfully aligns with the defence industry strategy shared by MBDA in Spain and Airbus Military.
The MBDA Marte MK2/S missile is a fire-and-forget, all-weather, medium-range sea-skimming anti-ship weapon system, equipped with inertial mid-course guidance and radar homing terminal guidance, and capable of destroying small vessels and heavily damaging major vessels. The missile has a weight of 310 Kg and is 3.85 m long.
In the anti-submarine warfare (ASW) role, the C295 is already in-service carrying the MK46 torpedo.
The Marte Mk2/S is already integrated on the AW-101 and the NFH-90 naval helicopters.
The new generation C295 is the ideal aircraft for defence and civic missions to the benefit of society, such as humanitarian actions, maritime patrol, and environmental surveillance. Thanks to its robustness, reliability and simple systems, this medium sized tactical airlifter provides the versatility and flexibility necessary for personnel, troop and bulk or palletized cargo transportation, medical evacuation, communication and logistic duties, and certified air-dropping capabilities. Its mix of dual technology civil/military equipment ensures success in demanding tactical missions, growth potential for systems development, as well as compatibility with the latest civil airspace requirements. The C295 is part of Airbus Military’s family of light and medium airlifters which also includes the smaller C212 and CN235.
- Police smash abalone-smuggling syndicate
- Zimbabwe's wildlife agency suspends boss over missing rhino horns
- Airbus Helicopters delivers H125 to Namibia for anti-poaching
- Auctioneer gets year in U.S. prison for ivory, rhino horn smuggling
- US military veterans coming to help in the fight against rhino poaching
- Botswana going for Gripen – report
- South Africa says domestic rhino horn trade on ice, takes issue to top court
- Rhino poaching at Rietvlei Nature Reserve condemned
- South Africa government mulls judgment allowing domestic rhino horn trade
- Botswana seeking raft of new military hardware
A first for Nautic
by Nautic Africa, 29 June 2016
The company has become the first shipyard in SA to achieve certification to the revised International Quality Management Standard, ISO 9001:2015.
AT4 Roquette NG, Carl-Gustaf M4 and NLAW lands at Eurosatory 2016
by Saab, 14 June 2016
These will be presented at Eurosatory 2016 in Paris, including AT4 Roquette NG, Carl-Gustaf M4, and NLAW.
Intelligent camouflage: the future step for Saab Barracuda
by Saab, 14 June 2016
At Eurosatory 2016 Saab highlights new concepts within the field of intelligent camouflage to the attending audience.