Earlier this year, the United States ended the procurement of C-27Js when contracts for 17 out of 38 aircraft initially planned had yet to be finalised.
Finmeccanica said a committee at the U.S. Congress had reconsidered the decision, Reuters reports.
"The cancellation was decided by the U.S. government ... but the congress, which has final approval over the budget, has taken steps to continue the C-27J program for at least another year," Alenia chief executive Giuseppe Giordo said on Friday.
U.S. defence contractor L-3 Communications Holdings is partner of Alenia in the C-27J project in the United States.
Finmeccanica is undergoing a restructuring plan that includes asset sales and an overhaul of unprofitable businesses.
The relaunch of Alenia includes focusing on proprietary products such as the C-27J. In May, Australia ordered 10 C-27Js worth 800 million euros.
Top stories this week
- Nigerian militant arrested over the killing of four soldiers
- NNS Thunder detains illegal oil bunkering vessel
- E-mail warns of bombs in Nigerian capital
- Nigerian military offers arms amnesty in oil region
- Nigeria to clean up oil delta agency - president
- Militants escape in Nigerian oil-city jailbreak
- Nigeria begins rehab for ex-oil rebels
- Nigerian militants dismiss renewed peace drive
- Fresh oil war threat for new Nigerian leader
- Kidnaps, oil theft, plague Nigeria as amnesty falters
defenceWeb shines at Air Capability Demonstration
21 May 2013 - defenceWeb, Africas leading defence and security news portal, was invited by the South African Air Force to attend its annual Air Capability Demonstration a spectacular live-fire showcase of the ...
Airbus Military, EADS North America deliver HC 144A Maintenance Training Unit to US Coast Guard
16 May 2013 - The US Coast Guard Aviation Logistics Center has purchased the prototype CN235 aircraft and plans to transform it into an HC-144A maintenance training unit. The HC-144A is based ...
INTS Systems Management helps prepare defence bids
13 May 2013 - A South African company is exploiting a gap in the market by offering to assist companies prepare bids for Armscor and other defence and government organisations.