(1) (a) What are the (i) yearly rental and (ii) floor space of the (aa) current and (bb) previous premises occupied by her department’s head office and (b) when (i) was the current building occupied and (ii) does the current lease expire;
(2) whether her department publicly invited tenders prior to the leasing of the current premises; if not, why not; if so, (a) when, (b) where was it published and (c) which (i) companies and (ii) properties were shortlisted;
(3) what (a) floor space was offered and (b) annual rental was tendered (i) by each shortlisted company and (ii) with regard to each shortlisted property?
(1) (a) (i) (aa) The yearly rental for the current headquarters of the Department of Defence (DOD) is R17, 835, 384.00.
(ii) (aa) The floor space of the building is 22 116,03 square meters.
(b) (i) The current building has been occupied by the department since 15 May 1992.
(2) No. The lease agreement is between the property owner(s) and the Department of Public Works (DPW) on behalf of the DOD and the awarding of tenders is a function of DPW.
Air traffic networks across SA modernised
24 May 2013 - Thales and Air Traffic Navigation Services (ATNS) Company of South Africa longstanding partners in air traffic management (ATM) systems are immensely proud to announce the recent signature of several significant ...
defenceWeb shines at Air Capability Demonstration
21 May 2013 - defenceWeb, Africas leading defence and security news portal, was invited by the South African Air Force to attend its annual Air Capability Demonstration a spectacular live-fire showcase of the ...
Airbus Military, EADS North America deliver HC 144A Maintenance Training Unit to US Coast Guard
16 May 2013 - The US Coast Guard Aviation Logistics Center has purchased the prototype CN235 aircraft and plans to transform it into an HC-144A maintenance training unit. The HC-144A is based ...