UAE gains a C-17
Written by defenceWeb, Thursday, 24 May 2012
The UAE, Boeing's sixth international C-17 customer, received its first airlifter on May 10, 2011. Since that time, the UAE Air Force and Air Defence C-17 fleet has amassed more than 2000 flight hours and carried more than 3000 passengers and nearly 4 million pounds of cargo.
As a part of the worldwide C-17 "virtual fleet," UAE C-17s are supported through the Boeing C-17 Globemaster III Integrated Sustainment Program (GISP), a Performance-Based Logistics agreement. The GISP arrangement provides the highest airlift mission-capable rate at one of the lowest costs per flying hour, Boeing says in a statement.
Boeing has delivered 243 C-17s worldwide, including 216 to the U.S. Air Force active duty, Guard and Reserve units. A total of 27 C-17s have been delivered to Australia, Canada, Qatar, the United Arab Emirates, the United Kingdom, and the 12-member Strategic Airlift Capability initiative of NATO and Partnership for Peace nations. India has 10 C-17s on order for delivery in 2013 and 2014.
- US issues terror alert for its citizens in South Africa
- State Security Minister speaks out – again – on South Africans wanting to join terror groups
- SA State Security minister worried about terrorism, border security
- Four Cabinet ministers show support for anti-rhino poaching operations
- New head for State Security Agency domestic branch
- SA youth enticed into intelligence field
- State Security Minister on economic and social security
- SA Govt to finalise cyber security policy
- Foreign spy agencies unlikely to trust SA intelligence community after Spy Cables - expert
- ISS: Spy cables - supping with the devil
Maritime surveillance of offshore protected areas
by Atlantis Corporation, 30 August 2016
An international consortium has teamed up to offer the South African government a Maritime Surveillance Aircraft solution.
Saab attends Africa Aerospace and Defence 2016
by Saab, 25 August 2016
The company will discuss a number of its solutions, including the Integrated Defence Aids Suite and the Saab 340 Maritime Surveillance system.
Africa Aerospace & Defence Show 2016 coming next month
by Safomar Aviation, 24 August 2016
The Africa Aerospace & Defence Show 2016 will run from 14 to 18 September at the Air Force Base Waterkloof, Centurion.