UAE gains a C-17
The UAE, Boeing's sixth international C-17 customer, received its first airlifter on May 10, 2011. Since that time, the UAE Air Force and Air Defence C-17 fleet has amassed more than 2000 flight hours and carried more than 3000 passengers and nearly 4 million pounds of cargo.
As a part of the worldwide C-17 "virtual fleet," UAE C-17s are supported through the Boeing C-17 Globemaster III Integrated Sustainment Program (GISP), a Performance-Based Logistics agreement. The GISP arrangement provides the highest airlift mission-capable rate at one of the lowest costs per flying hour, Boeing says in a statement.
Boeing has delivered 243 C-17s worldwide, including 216 to the U.S. Air Force active duty, Guard and Reserve units. A total of 27 C-17s have been delivered to Australia, Canada, Qatar, the United Arab Emirates, the United Kingdom, and the 12-member Strategic Airlift Capability initiative of NATO and Partnership for Peace nations. India has 10 C-17s on order for delivery in 2013 and 2014.
Top stories this week
- US hands over six Hueys to Kenya – two more on the way
- More Gambian political prisoners released
- New wide area surveillance system in Kruger is another poaching deterrent
- CSIR partnering with US-based company to produce long endurance UAV
- Former SADF veterans look to be left out of defence industry charter
- Denel partners with VR Laser to form Denel Asia
- Zimbabwe’s Mugabe warms to the West as economy wobbles
- UAE, Bahrain say 50 soldiers killed in Yemen attack
- Overcapacity stifling Europe's defence industry
- Airbus completes overhaul, says major projects on track
- Tunisian factories close, jobs go as political crisis drags on
- Insight: Pre-electoral feuding threatens Nigeria's economy
- Airbus Military, EADS North America deliver HC 144A Maintenance Training Unit to US Coast Guard
- Competition increasing for GEW Technologies
- Cassidian joins forces with ATECH to provide advanced mission avionics for Brazilian Navy EC725 helicopters
Saab Grintek Defence wins South African Exporter Award 2016
by Saab, 9 December 2016
The SA Premier Business Awards is organised by the DTI, in partnership with Proudly South Africa and Brand South Africa.
Denel partnership with European manufacturer producing results
by Denel Corporate, 9 December 2016
Denel PMP and Nordic company NAMMO will produce niche products that meet the specialised needs of the SANDF.
Denel joins forces with global leaders to market geospatial products
by Denel Corporate, 6 December 2016
Denel Integrated Systems and Maritime will team up with Hexagon Geospatial and Geo Data Design to market geospatial products.