The Multinational Force and Observers (MFO) could not immediately be reached for comment.
The remote Sinai region has descended further into lawlessness since a popular uprising ousted Egypt's president more than a year ago and threw the security apparatus into disarray.
Top stories this week
- Military trade unions – is there room for them in the SANDF?
- Sandu and SANDF look set for another court battle
- Scaled down SANDF contribution for Freedom Day
- SANDF will be part of UN DRC intervention brigade
- SANDF deaths near the 30 mark in four months
- SANDF involvement in DRC intervention brigade held back for “security”
- No more SA soldiers in CAR – SANDF
- SANDF to be part of UN DRC intervention brigade
- Putting the CARt ahead of the SANDF
- “No build-up of troops or material” – SANDF
Airbus Military, EADS North America deliver HC 144A Maintenance Training Unit to US Coast Guard
16 May 2013 - The US Coast Guard Aviation Logistics Center has purchased the prototype CN235 aircraft and plans to transform it into an HC-144A maintenance training unit. The HC-144A is based ...
INTS Systems Management helps prepare defence bids
13 May 2013 - A South African company is exploiting a gap in the market by offering to assist companies prepare bids for Armscor and other defence and government organisations.
Airbus Military A400M receives full civil Type Certificate from EAS
13 May 2013 - Airbus Military has today received full Type Certification for the A400M new generation airlifter, marking a critical step towards delivery of the first aircraft to the French Air Force.<...