Qatar raises stake in French group Lagardere
Written by Reuters, Tuesday, 20 March 2012
Qatar Holding said in the filing that it could raise its stake further after increasing it to 12.8 percent and that it may seek representation on the group's supervisory board.
Qatar Holding added that it may discuss strategic partnerships "allowing the creation of long-term value for shareholders" of Lagardere, though there were currently no specific plans, Reuters reports.
Lagardere shares were roughly flat at 23.565 euros at 1006 GMT.
The company had no immediate comment.
Qatar has been a staunch supporter of Chief Executive Arnaud Lagardere even as some shareholders have assailed the chief executive's strategy for the company his father founded, which competes with Pearson and Bertelsmann in radio and book publishing.
- New VVIP aircraft acquisition still shrouded in silence
- Armscor wants criminal prosecution of its website hackers
- Armscor website up again - with exceptions
- Armscor website hacked
- African Unity pavilion a first at AAD 2016
- Springbok and gemsbok to be culled at Alkantpan
- AAD 2016 to feature USAF aircraft never seen before in SA?
- Landward forces will be well represented at this year’s AAD
- Armscor suppliers open day attract 500 SMME representatives
- SA Navy controls Simon’s town dockyard – again
Denel vindicated as high court dismisses with punitive costs LMT minority shareholders' business rescue application
by Denel Corporate, 28 July 2016
The application for business rescue brought to the North Gauteng High Court as an urgent matter by some LMT shareholders was dismissed with costs.
Williams takes the lead in Formula One with Thales cyber security solutions
by Thales, 22 July 2016
Thales will deliver cyber security solutions for real-time global telemetry transmission to Williams Martini Racing and Williams Advanced Engineering.
First batch of Denel vehicles shipped to UAE client
by Denel Corporate, 20 July 2016
The RG31 is a Mobile Mortar Platform that is regarded for its 4x4 capabilities, mobility and the protection it offers against anti-tank mines and explosive devices.