Press release issued by Carl Zeiss Optronics VISIT OUR PRESS OFFICE
The LP17D and LP18D are the latest by Carl Zeiss Optronics in its range of eye-safe laser rangefinder modules. They employ state-of-art diode-pumped technology which provides accurate range measurement. Their compact size enables easy integration into very compact observation systems for air, land and naval applications. The rangefinders provide effective range finding capability for fast moving targets. They feature an integrated boresight camera which easily facilitates boresight alignment with the host observation system.
The products are on display at the Carl Zeiss Optronics booth in the South African Pavilion, North Hall, Stand N3-140.
Carl Zeiss Optronics (Pty) Ltd.
The first stop in optronics
Carl Zeiss Optronics designs, develops and produces state-of-the-art optronic instruments for military and civilian applications. They are used to monitor, identify and classify, as well as for precise measurement, evaluation and targeting.
As a subsidiary of the globally recognized Carl Zeiss Group, we are armed with years of experience and know-how in optronics, highly accurate optics and precision engineering.
Research and development are very important to us. We are one of the leading developers and manufactures of optical and optronic systems.
With business activities in more than 30 countries, Carl Zeiss Optronics is an ideal partner for multinational projects. We are continually expanding our international activities beyond existing co-operations and partnerships.
MORE THAN MEETS THE EYE
Make the right decision
Carl Zeiss Optronics systems for land, sea and air forces, as well as for national security organizations are known for their innovative technology. They are custom-tailored to operational and logistical requirements. Comprehensive documentation, intensive training and, of course, service throughout the entire lifecycle ensure long-term operational readiness.
* Handheld, eye-safe laser rangefinders
* Eye-safe lasers with high pulse repetition rates
* Gunnery targeting instruments with gyroscope-stabilized target lines and integrated laser rangefinder for armoured vehicles
* Commander periscope with gyroscope-stabilized target lines and integrated thermal imager for armoured vehicles
* Riflescopes, night vision devices and auxiliary optics for small arms
* Driver’s night vision instruments based on night vision goggles and uncooled thermal imagers
* Thermal imaging cameras for small arms
* Sensors and systems for fire control systems
* Targeting optics for handheld antitank weapons
* Handheld target observation and localization systems with integrated visual channel, thermal imager, laser rangefinder, compass and GPS receiver
* Thermal imaging devices for armoured vehicles
Border surveillance and control
* Optronics sensors and multisensor platforms for mobile and stationary surveillance, e.g. homeland security, borders, industrial facilities and buildings
* Force protection, e.g. camp protection
* Vehicle systems for border surveillance on the basis of e.g. Mercedes Sprinter and G-Model, VW bus
* Surveillance systems for customs and police vessels
* Infrared sights for high speed ferries
* Submarine periscopes and optronic mast systems with integrated optronic sensors and gyroscope-stabilized optical line of sight
* Multi-sensor platforms for ships
Air force and aerial reconnaissance
* Electro-optical reconnaissance systems and thermal imaging cameras for manned and unmanned aircraft
* Targeting and navigation pods for fighter aircraft
* Optical systems for reconnaissance
* Observation and targeting sights for helicopter, UAV and fixed-wing platforms
* State-of-the-art, lightweight helmet-mounted display and tracking systems
Optical systems for aerospace applications
* Precision mirrors for earth observation
* Cryomechanisms for satellites
* Optics for infrared space applications
With 780 employees, Carl Zeiss Optronics develops and produces optronic, optical and precision engineered products for military and civilian applications in Oberkochen and Wetzlar in Germany and Irene in South Africa.
For further information please contact:
Carl Zeiss Optronics (Pty) Ltd, Executive Manager: Business Development
Tel.: (+27 12) 674 – 0103
Mobile : (+27 82) 558 3460
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Fax: (+27 12) 674 0280
Radio direction finding overview and future developments
by Poynting Antennas, 10 December 2013
Poynting Antennas has developed specialised software allowing for behavioural modelling of antenna systems.
Pirate attacks in West Africa to double in 2014
by ParamountGroup, 27 November 2013
Paramount Naval Systems is developing a fleet of multi-role patrol vessels to prevent illegal activity and protect assets and territory.
Poynting presents collapsible LPDA tech
by Poynting Antennas, 26 November 2013
Poynting's wire LPDA design, compared to common rigid constructions, makes compact storage and extremely quick deployment possible.