Falco UAVs for Libya?
Written by defenceWeb, Tuesday, 14 July 2009
The French ADIT research agency reports Libya could be buying up to 50 Selex Galileo Falco unmanned aerial vehicles (UAV) for borer protection.
In its latest newsletter, the ADIT says
"If ratified by the Italian parliament, the deal will involve transfers of technology and local production."
Another worry is that al Qaeda in the
ADIT notes Italo-Libyan defence cooperation stretches back to at least 2006 when Finmeccanica, AgustaWestland and the Libyan Company for Aviation Industry signed an agreement to form a joint venture called Libyan Italian Advanced Technology Company (LIATEC).
- SADC hot pursuit more gentleman’s agreement than legal arrangement
- Algeria arrests 200 Syrian would-be migrants near Libyan border
- Libyan militia fire rockets into affluent Tripoli residential district
- Libyan forces loyal to renegade general claim Tripoli air strikes
- Unidentified war planes, explosions heard in Libyan capital
- No response to calls for ceasefire in Libyan capital
- Fighting in Tripoli after new U.N. envoy unveils plans to visit
- Filipino and Indian workers evacuated from Libya to Malta
- Libya parliament agrees direct presidential election
- ISS: Think again - Goodbye Libya, and welcome to the Islamic Emirate of Benghazi?
US-Africa Summit 2014: Africa on the agenda or too little too late?
by Paramount Group, 20 August 2014
A revitalised viewpoint on Africa, and its challenges and opportunities for investors, should take centre stage at US-Africa Summit 2014, says Paramount Group.
Airbus Defence and Space improves air surveillance capabilities of Indonesian Air Force
by AIRBUS Defence & Space, 19 August 2014
The company has provided the Indonesian Air Force with the latest aircraft identification and air surveillance equipment.
Sustained revenue growth, strong order book drive Denel's new growth era
by Denel Corporate, 18 August 2014
The company's financial results show revenue growth of 17%, improved profit and the largest multi-year order book in its history.
Atlantis Aviation offers air-land integration, close air support, airborne ISTAR training to Africa
by Atlantis Corporation, 14 August 2014
Close Air Solutions is a single source for international training services in all aspects of close air support.
Reutech Group to exhibit at Africa Aerospace 2014
by Reutech, 14 August 2014
Products on display at the show will include Reutech's new Tactical Communications network suite and the Ngada border surveillance radar.
Nautic Africa celebrates ISO milestone
by Nautic Africa, 14 August 2014
The South African maritime company has successfully been recommended for ISO 9001:2008 certification after its first attempt.