Falco UAVs for Libya?
Written by defenceWeb, Tuesday, 14 July 2009
The French ADIT research agency reports Libya could be buying up to 50 Selex Galileo Falco unmanned aerial vehicles (UAV) for borer protection.
In its latest newsletter, the ADIT says
"If ratified by the Italian parliament, the deal will involve transfers of technology and local production."
Another worry is that al Qaeda in the
ADIT notes Italo-Libyan defence cooperation stretches back to at least 2006 when Finmeccanica, AgustaWestland and the Libyan Company for Aviation Industry signed an agreement to form a joint venture called Libyan Italian Advanced Technology Company (LIATEC).
- Car bomb at hotel in Libyan capital kills 3 guards
- Libya talks resume, U.N. plays down absence of a major player
- Gunmen kill policeman guarding U.N. building in Libya's capital
- Volatile Libya resumes commercial flights to Europe
- Gunmen kidnap Libyan deputy foreign minister: official
- Leader of Libyan Islamists Ansar al-Sharia dies of wounds
- U.N. condemns attack on Libyan central bank, demands inquiry
- Libya's official government to close embassies due to budget crisis
- Libyan rival parliament suspends U.N.-sponsored peace talks
- U.N. presses for Libya ceasefire to hold
South Tyrolean Tetra network for civil protection organisations to be expanded
by AIRBUS Defence & Space, 22 January 2015
The Tetra network in South Tyrol, Italy, will replace over 40 analogue communications systems currently used by the civil protection organisations.
Driving change, diversity in the maritime world
by Nautic Africa, 22 January 2015
The perception of the maritime industry as a male-dominated industry is set to change, says Nautic Africa.
Airbus Defence and Space to build Tetra radio system for Lebanese security forces
by AIRBUS Defence & Space, 21 January 2015
The company was awarded a contract by the Ministry of Interior of Lebanon for a Terrestrial Trunked Radio communication system.
Saab, Damen team up for Walrus future submarine replacement programme
by Saab, 20 January 2015
The companies will work together in pursuit of the potential Walrus-class submarine replacement programme for the Netherlands.
EUNAVFOR, CMF, NATO confirmed to speak at African Maritime Security Summit
by IQPC, 19 January 2015
The EU Naval Force's Operation, NATO's Ocean Shield and the Combined Maritime Forces' representatives will attend the summit next month.
Operator of Finnish nationwide Tetra network VIRVE once again relies on Airbus Defence and Space
by AIRBUS Defence & Space, 15 December 2014
Finland continues to invest in Tetra technology to guarantee users uninterrupted network performance and quality of service.