Falco UAVs for Libya?
Written by defenceWeb, Tuesday, 14 July 2009
The French ADIT research agency reports Libya could be buying up to 50 Selex Galileo Falco unmanned aerial vehicles (UAV) for borer protection.
In its latest newsletter, the ADIT says
"If ratified by the Italian parliament, the deal will involve transfers of technology and local production."
Another worry is that al Qaeda in the
ADIT notes Italo-Libyan defence cooperation stretches back to at least 2006 when Finmeccanica, AgustaWestland and the Libyan Company for Aviation Industry signed an agreement to form a joint venture called Libyan Italian Advanced Technology Company (LIATEC).
Top stories this week
- New parachute system for SANDF airborne forces
- Don’t go the C-130J route for airlift – Heitman
- Denel completes mockup, seeking development partners for SARA
- Defence Minister applauds women for their achievements in the military
- Atlantis Aviation consortium offering maritime surveillance aircraft to SA
- China to assist Gulf of Guinea fight piracy
- Dutch company on course to deliver vessels to Somali Coast Guard
- Sea piracy drops to 21 year low says IMB
- Third successful conviction in 2016 of Somali pirates
- Crack down on illegal fishing to protect millions of workers in W.Africa
- Atalanta flagship works with Seychelles marine police unit
- Italian marine arrives home after four years in custody in India
- Italian marine Girone can head home - India's top court
- Gulf of Guinea dominates world piracy in first quarter of 2016
- West Africa pirates switch to kidnapping crew as oil fetches less
Maritime surveillance of offshore protected areas
by Atlantis Corporation, 30 August 2016
An international consortium has teamed up to offer the South African government a Maritime Surveillance Aircraft solution.
Saab attends Africa Aerospace and Defence 2016
by Saab, 25 August 2016
The company will discuss a number of its solutions, including the Integrated Defence Aids Suite and the Saab 340 Maritime Surveillance system.
Africa Aerospace & Defence Show 2016 coming next month
by Safomar Aviation, 24 August 2016
The Africa Aerospace & Defence Show 2016 will run from 14 to 18 September at the Air Force Base Waterkloof, Centurion.