Falco UAVs for Libya?
Written by defenceWeb, Tuesday, 14 July 2009
The French ADIT research agency reports Libya could be buying up to 50 Selex Galileo Falco unmanned aerial vehicles (UAV) for borer protection.
In its latest newsletter, the ADIT says
"If ratified by the Italian parliament, the deal will involve transfers of technology and local production."
Another worry is that al Qaeda in the
ADIT notes Italo-Libyan defence cooperation stretches back to at least 2006 when Finmeccanica, AgustaWestland and the Libyan Company for Aviation Industry signed an agreement to form a joint venture called Libyan Italian Advanced Technology Company (LIATEC).
- Four Indians detained in Islamic State stronghold in Libya
- Suicide bomber, clashes kill 12 Libyan soldiers in Benghazi
- Rescuers find 13 dead migrants on packed boat off Libyan coast
- Libyan court sentences Gaddafi son Saif, 7 other ex-officials to death
- Greek customs seizes 16 Libya-bound armoured vehicles
- Libyan city Benghazi plunges into darkness as fighting hits power plants
- Expulsion from Derna bastion may show limits for Islamic State in Libya
- Two killed in new push by Libya's eastern government forces in Benghazi
- Drones will take over manned aviation jobs, says SA's first licence holder
- Two car bombs explode in eastern Libyan city of Derna
Skynet 5A satellite starts move eastwards
by AIRBUS Defence & Space, 28 July 2015
The relocation will extend the Skynet constellation coverage and services, providing near-global military X-band and UHF coverage.
Strong order book, growing profit, diversified product offering confirm Denel as Africa's hi-tech powerhouse
by Denel Corporate, 24 July 2015
The company has an order book of over R35 billion, triple the value of secured orders of a few years ago, and a six-fold annual revenue cover.
Southern African Shipyards leads cost management in African shipbuilding
by 6Sigma Naval Architects, 22 July 2015The company is taking part in two tenders for the South African Navy, and has selected the CostFact system to cover its calculation demands.
Paramount Group supports orphanage, homeless shelter for Mandela Day
by Paramount Group, 21 July 2015The Paramount team assisted the Thusong Children's Orphanage and the MES Kempton City Homeless Shelter.
Denel dogs to sniff out rhino poachers in Kruger
by Denel Corporate, 16 July 2015
Specially trained dogs will be deployed in the nature reserve for the next 18 months, in terms of an agreement between Denel and SANParks.
Denel to offer wide-ranging products to African defence leaders
by Denel Corporate, 6 July 2015
It will exhibit these at the Land Forces Africa conference at the Heartfelt Arena in Thaba-Tshwane today and tomorrow.