Falco UAVs for Libya?
Written by defenceWeb, Tuesday, 14 July 2009
The French ADIT research agency reports Libya could be buying up to 50 Selex Galileo Falco unmanned aerial vehicles (UAV) for borer protection.
In its latest newsletter, the ADIT says
"If ratified by the Italian parliament, the deal will involve transfers of technology and local production."
Another worry is that al Qaeda in the
ADIT notes Italo-Libyan defence cooperation stretches back to at least 2006 when Finmeccanica, AgustaWestland and the Libyan Company for Aviation Industry signed an agreement to form a joint venture called Libyan Italian Advanced Technology Company (LIATEC).
Top stories this week
- Libya's armed factions may have committed war crimes
- Libyan PM ready for talks with rival gov't, Benghazi toll hits 190
- Ten people killed in fresh fighting in Libya's Benghazi
- ISS: Is military intervention in Libya the answer?
- Libya near 'point of no return', U.N. says as fighting toll rises
- More heavy fighting in Libya's Benghazi, death toll rises to 130
- Libyan army claims control of large Islamist camp in Benghazi
- Rival Libyan PM meets Turkish envoy in first known meeting with foreign visitor
- In Benghazi, Libya's army liberates a ghost town
- Libya's parliament allies with renegade general, struggling to assert authority
Jens Thostrup - new head of PMR Terminals Business and Indirect Sales at Airbus Defence and Space
by AIRBUS Defence & Space, 30 October 2014
He replaces Pierre Lopez as head of the Terminals Business and Indirect Sales.
Nautic Africa signs exclusive agency agreement with Doen Pacific
by Nautic Africa, 29 October 2014
Nautic will install water-jet systems at competitive pricing for its customers in the sub-Saharan region.
New-generation Saab surface radar on track, in production
by Saab, 29 October 2014
Production of the first Giraffe 4A system for an undisclosed customer is ongoing at Saab in Gothenburg, Sweden.
Sustained revenue growth, strong order book drive Denel's new growth era
by Denel Corporate, 29 October 2014
The company's financial results for 2013/2014 show revenue growth of 17%, improved profit and the largest multi-year order book in its history.
Saab and Brazil sign contract for Gripen NG
by Saab, 28 October 2014
The defence company will develop and produce 36 Gripen NG fighter aircraft for the Brazilian Air Force.
Airbus Defence and Space boasts outstanding young scientists
by AIRBUS Defence & Space, 22 October 2014
Andreas Hofmann from the University of Erlangen-Nuremberg won the prize for the best bachelor's thesis.