Falco UAVs for Libya?
Written by defenceWeb, Tuesday, 14 July 2009
The French ADIT research agency reports Libya could be buying up to 50 Selex Galileo Falco unmanned aerial vehicles (UAV) for borer protection.
In its latest newsletter, the ADIT says
"If ratified by the Italian parliament, the deal will involve transfers of technology and local production."
Another worry is that al Qaeda in the
ADIT notes Italo-Libyan defence cooperation stretches back to at least 2006 when Finmeccanica, AgustaWestland and the Libyan Company for Aviation Industry signed an agreement to form a joint venture called Libyan Italian Advanced Technology Company (LIATEC).
Top stories this week
- Nine killed, 30 wounded in new clashes in Libya's Benghazi - medic
- Former Libyan general claims new air strike in western Libya
- Grad rocket hits near Libya's Zawiya refinery
- Desert Wolf aiming to build 1000 Skunk riot control UAVs a month
- Libyan PM accuses Qatar of sending planes with weapons to Tripoli
- Another boat carrying emigrants sinks off Libya
- Despite chaos, Libya hopes to hold constitution vote in December
- Namibia deploys UAVs for anti-poaching operations
- Battle for Benghazi could break up Libya
- Islamists in Libya's Benghazi probably kidnapped 25 missing soldiers: commander
Saab wins LEDS-50 MK2 launch order
by Saab, 18 September 2014
The LEDS-50 MK2 provides additional protection to the vehicle and crew by detecting the presence of latest generation laser threats.
Denel positive about participating at 8th Africa Aerospace and Defence show
by Denel Corporate, 18 September 2014
The company aims to reconfirm its leadership within the hi-tech aerospace and defence markets in Africa.
Through-life support communication systems
by Reutech, 18 September 2014
The demonstrations of an integrated communications on the move platform will take place at AAD 2014.
Global defence trends to be discussed at conference hosted by Denel
by Denel Corporate, 15 September 2014
The inaugural Denel Aerospace and Defence Conference will offer intense discussions on the challenges and opportunities facing the industry.
Reutech equipped for Project Biro
by Reutech, 15 September 2014
The company is able to supply equipment and services to the SA Navy programme for the procurement of offshore and inshore patrol vessels.
NATO milestone - RRS delivers first major export order on product level
by Reutech, 12 September 2014
All five RSR 210Ns from Reutech Radar Systems have been fully accepted into the Royal Norwegian Navy.