Falco UAVs for Libya?
Written by defenceWeb, Tuesday, 14 July 2009
The French ADIT research agency reports Libya could be buying up to 50 Selex Galileo Falco unmanned aerial vehicles (UAV) for borer protection.
In its latest newsletter, the ADIT says
"If ratified by the Italian parliament, the deal will involve transfers of technology and local production."
Another worry is that al Qaeda in the
ADIT notes Italo-Libyan defence cooperation stretches back to at least 2006 when Finmeccanica, AgustaWestland and the Libyan Company for Aviation Industry signed an agreement to form a joint venture called Libyan Italian Advanced Technology Company (LIATEC).
- Rival Libyan PM meets Turkish envoy in first known meeting with foreign visitor
- In Benghazi, Libya's army liberates a ghost town
- Libya's parliament allies with renegade general, struggling to assert authority
- US Reaper UAV crashes on landing at airport in Niamey
- UN Falco UAV crashes in DRC
- U.S., four European countries call for end to violence in Libya
- Two rival Libyan governments claim to control oil policy
- Libyan Red Crescent calls for Benghazi ceasefire as fighting rages
- Libyan army, residents battle Islamist militants in Benghazi
- Protesters threaten to close another oilfield in eastern Libya
Airbus Defence and Space boasts outstanding young scientists
by AIRBUS Defence & Space, 22 October 2014
Andreas Hofmann from the University of Erlangen-Nuremberg won the prize for the best bachelor's thesis.
Saab selected by Airports Authority of India to deploy A-SMGCS at five airports
by Saab, 20 October 2014
The company will deploy its Advanced-Surface Movement Guidance & Control Systems at five airports in India.
DAFF research, patrol vessel operations under new management for next 12 months
by Nautic Africa, 13 October 2014
Due to supply chain regulations, SAMSA's Special Marine Projects Division will take over from Nautic SA at the end of October.
#Parabot - Africa's largest super-hero robot joins the rhino fight
by Paramount Group, 13 October 2014
Paramount Group and the Ichikowitz Family Foundation's super-hero robot raises awareness of the role of the defence industry in fighting poaching.
Opening of new Mega Aero Training Academy (MATA) practical training centre
by Safomar Aviation, 13 October 2014
The practical training centre is based at OR Tambo International Airport.
Saab awarded contract for civil marine traffic services system in Hong Kong
by Saab, 10 October 2014
The defence and security company was awarded the contract to renew the existing Hong Kong vessel traffic services system.