Falco UAVs for Libya?
Written by defenceWeb, Tuesday, 14 July 2009
The French ADIT research agency reports Libya could be buying up to 50 Selex Galileo Falco unmanned aerial vehicles (UAV) for borer protection.
In its latest newsletter, the ADIT says
"If ratified by the Italian parliament, the deal will involve transfers of technology and local production."
Another worry is that al Qaeda in the
ADIT notes Italo-Libyan defence cooperation stretches back to at least 2006 when Finmeccanica, AgustaWestland and the Libyan Company for Aviation Industry signed an agreement to form a joint venture called Libyan Italian Advanced Technology Company (LIATEC).
- Libyan Red Crescent calls for Benghazi ceasefire as fighting rages
- Libyan army, residents battle Islamist militants in Benghazi
- Protesters threaten to close another oilfield in eastern Libya
- Group that seized Tripoli takes Libyan government, oil company websites
- Libya's Ansar al-Sharia says not to move battle beyond Benghazi
- Libya's overstretched border police struggle to secure border
- Ban Ki-moon makes surprise visit to Libya, urges dialogue
- 100,000 Libyans flee fighting near Tripoli, UNHCR says
- Global military UAV market will shrink then grow to $5.26 billion by 2022 – report
- More than 100 illegal migrants missing after Libya shipwreck
DAFF research, patrol vessel operations under new management for next 12 months
by Nautic Africa, 13 October 2014
Due to supply chain regulations, SAMSA's Special Marine Projects Division will take over from Nautic SA at the end of October.
#Parabot - Africa's largest super-hero robot joins the rhino fight
by Paramount Group, 13 October 2014
Paramount Group and the Ichikowitz Family Foundation's super-hero robot raises awareness of the role of the defence industry in fighting poaching.
Opening of new Mega Aero Training Academy (MATA) practical training centre
by Safomar Aviation, 13 October 2014
The practical training centre is based at OR Tambo International Airport.
Saab awarded contract for civil marine traffic services system in Hong Kong
by Saab, 10 October 2014
The defence and security company was awarded the contract to renew the existing Hong Kong vessel traffic services system.
Enstrom delivers first model 480B-G
by Safomar Aviation, 10 October 2014
The first model 480B-G was delivered today, equipped with the Garmin G1000H glass cockpit.
Military and paramilitary application of MD helicopters
by Safomar Aviation, 9 October 2014
Safomar Group introduces the 500 Series of MD helicopters for targeted commercial, law-enforcement and military applications.