Falco UAVs for Libya?
Written by defenceWeb, Tuesday, 14 July 2009
The French ADIT research agency reports Libya could be buying up to 50 Selex Galileo Falco unmanned aerial vehicles (UAV) for borer protection.
In its latest newsletter, the ADIT says
"If ratified by the Italian parliament, the deal will involve transfers of technology and local production."
Another worry is that al Qaeda in the
ADIT notes Italo-Libyan defence cooperation stretches back to at least 2006 when Finmeccanica, AgustaWestland and the Libyan Company for Aviation Industry signed an agreement to form a joint venture called Libyan Italian Advanced Technology Company (LIATEC).
Top stories this week
- Feature: Denel Overberg Test Range targeting growth
- AU stand-by force needs $1 billion to become operational
- DA calls for Defence Review to be revised
- Denel ISM upgrading Joint Air Reconnaissance Intelligence Centre in conjunction with Airbus
- Denel showing a pleasing improvement in financial performance - Brown
- Libyan prime minister says survives assassination attempt
- Pay strikes halt flights at Libya's main airports
- Libyan tribes meet in Cairo as Egypt seeks allies against militants
- Libyan government warplanes attack oil tanker docked at Sirte
- Gaddafi's home town falls to Islamic State in anarchic Libya
- Suicide car bomber kills two near Libya's Misrata
- Libyan Islamist leader proposes elections to end conflict
- Ten killed as Libya's rival governments take on Islamist fighters
- One dead in clashes between Libya's Tripoli government and Islamic State
- EU agrees Mediterranean naval mission to tackle people smugglers
Saab, DigitalGlobe announce Vricon joint venture to create the globe in 3D
by Saab, 27 May 2015
The JV will produce photorealistic 3D products and digital elevation models globally for enterprise and government geospatial markets.
Executive appointment brings new vision, expertise to SPP
by Nautic Africa, 26 May 2015
Cape Town-based Southern Power Products has strengthened its executive team with the appointment of Jacques Brümmer as CEO.
Paramount's Anti-Poaching and K9 Academy scoops top global, South African awards for best PR campaign
by Paramount Group, 22 May 2015
The company was awarded a Gold Sabre in the Geographic Category for Africa for Paramount's K9 Anti-Poaching Awareness Campaign.
Saab receives order for artillery ammunition
by Saab, 20 May 2015
Work on the SEK 114 million order will be performed by Saab's subsidiary, Saab Bofors Dynamics Switzerland.
Airbus Defence and Space launches satellite data management solution for machine-to-machine networks
by AIRBUS Defence & Space, 5 May 2015
The satellite data management solution for machine-to-machine networks provides visibility and control of satellite data in a single multi-device solution.
Upgraded PS-05/A radar gives Gripen C/D extended performance, operating range
by Saab, 29 April 2015
The PS-05/A Mk4's hardware configuration with a new radar back-end gives improved radar performance and operational range, says Saab.