Falco UAVs for Libya?
Written by defenceWeb, Tuesday, 14 July 2009
The French ADIT research agency reports Libya could be buying up to 50 Selex Galileo Falco unmanned aerial vehicles (UAV) for borer protection.
In its latest newsletter, the ADIT says
"If ratified by the Italian parliament, the deal will involve transfers of technology and local production."
Another worry is that al Qaeda in the
ADIT notes Italo-Libyan defence cooperation stretches back to at least 2006 when Finmeccanica, AgustaWestland and the Libyan Company for Aviation Industry signed an agreement to form a joint venture called Libyan Italian Advanced Technology Company (LIATEC).
- Libyan parliament reappoints PM as government loses grip on ministries
- Thirteen killed, 45 wounded in clashes in Libya's Benghazi: medics
- Libyan armed faction takes over U.S. Embassy annex in Tripoli
- Heavy fighting in Libya's Benghazi city; airport hit
- Google tests delivery drones
- Libya's government resigns to allow parliament to form new cabinet
- Libya's oil recovery may be short-lived as country risks falling apart
- Libya warns United Nations of possible slide into civil war
- Rival second Libyan assembly chooses own PM as chaos spreads
- Libyan raids herald bolder Arab action as U.S. role wavers
Saab provides next-generation vehicle simulators to Norway
by Saab, 2 September 2014
The BT46 two-way simulator has the ability to simulate the ballistics and time of flight of a projectile in real-time.
Dual safety: new generation of mortar fuses
by Atlantis Corporation, 1 September 2014
The wind wheel fuses DM183 and DM111S are available from Atlantis Manufacturing Management Services, the official Junghans South African representative.
Here's how chairman of Africa's largest private defence company sees the continent's future
by Paramount Group, 1 September 2014
Africa is no longer a charity case and can solve more problems on its own, says Ivor Ichikowitz, executive chairman of Paramount.
US Special Operations Command (USSOCOM) signs five-year framework contract for Carl-Gustaf weapon system
by Saab, 1 September 2014
Saab signed a new framework contract with the US Special Operations Command for the company's Carl-Gustaf man-portable weapon system.
Saab Grintek Defence partners with Specialist Maritime Services
by Atlantis Corporation, 28 August 2014
New MD 530G Scout Attack Helicopter
by Safomar Aviation, 27 August 2014
MD Helicopters successfully completed the Live Fire Qualification Exercises for its new MD 530G Scout Attack Helicopter.