Falco UAVs for Libya?
Written by defenceWeb, Tuesday, 14 July 2009
The French ADIT research agency reports Libya could be buying up to 50 Selex Galileo Falco unmanned aerial vehicles (UAV) for borer protection.
In its latest newsletter, the ADIT says
"If ratified by the Italian parliament, the deal will involve transfers of technology and local production."
Another worry is that al Qaeda in the
ADIT notes Italo-Libyan defence cooperation stretches back to at least 2006 when Finmeccanica, AgustaWestland and the Libyan Company for Aviation Industry signed an agreement to form a joint venture called Libyan Italian Advanced Technology Company (LIATEC).
- Libya needs international maritime force to help stop illicit oil, weapons: U.N. experts
- Libyan PM criticizes U.S., UK and EU for failing to supply weapons
- Libyan parliament proposes Haftar, a divisive figure, as head of army
- U.N. panel urges increased use of drones in peacekeeping missions
- Seven killed in Egyptian air strikes on Libyan city
- Libya's elected parliament suspends participation in UN-backed talks
- Embattled Libyan government loses grip as general expands power
- Two bombs explode at residence of Iran ambassador in Libya
- Islamic State militants claim suicide attacks in Libya that kill 42
- Rockets fired on Libya's Labraq airport
European Data Relay System confirms services for Copernicus in co-operation with European Commission
by AIRBUS Defence & Space, 26 February 2015
An agreement was reached with the European Commission for the provision of European Data Relay System services to the EU Copernicus programme
Paramount Group announces multi-million dollar contract for production of world-leading combat vehicles in Jordan
by Paramount Group, 25 February 2015
Paramount Group has been awarded a multi-million dollar contract for the production of the combat vehicles in Jordan.
Paramount Group to announce new deals, partnerships, technologies at IDEX 2015
by Paramount Group, 24 February 2015
The company will announce new deals, partnerships and technologies at the Middle East defence exhibition this week.
Poynting Holdings to acquire leading US-based antenna company, ARA
by Poynting Antennas, 20 February 2015
Antenna Research Associates is considered almost a replication of Poynting DS, but with more than 90% of sales being in the USA.
DSI offers sniper training with Braddick Mk X sniper rifles
by Decisive Solutions International, 17 February 2015
Decisive Solutions International has the agency and distributorship for the Braddick Mk X Special Forces Sniper Rifle, a .338 Lapua Magnum sniping system.
Saab to supply key components in support of US Marine Corps Ground/Air Task Oriented Radar programme
by Saab, 16 February 2015
The company will supply key components in support of the US Marine Corps Ground/Air Task Oriented Radar programme.