Falco UAVs for Libya?
Written by defenceWeb, Tuesday, 14 July 2009
The French ADIT research agency reports Libya could be buying up to 50 Selex Galileo Falco unmanned aerial vehicles (UAV) for borer protection.
In its latest newsletter, the ADIT says
"If ratified by the Italian parliament, the deal will involve transfers of technology and local production."
Another worry is that al Qaeda in the
ADIT notes Italo-Libyan defence cooperation stretches back to at least 2006 when Finmeccanica, AgustaWestland and the Libyan Company for Aviation Industry signed an agreement to form a joint venture called Libyan Italian Advanced Technology Company (LIATEC).
- Western Libya rocket strike kills Filipino, wounds eight people
- Libyan oil guards demand state firm to reopen the two biggest oil ports
- U.N. concerned by spread of arms in Libya, arms embargo unchanged
- Libya tells Arab summit arms embargo must be lifted to fight IS
- Islamic State fighters take on Libya's rival government forces
- Two pilots dead in Libyan rebel MiG-23 shootdown
- Islamic State militants kill five pro-Tripoli government fighters
- Ranger drone could help fight against rhino poaching
- Suicide bombing kills seven in Libya's Benghazi as army launches revenge strike
- Islamic State releases Bangladeshi hostages in Libya oilfield attack
A first in environmentally-conscious vessel technology from Veecraft Marine
by Nautic Africa, 26 March 2015
The company is pioneering the development of hybrid-propulsion technology in the South African maritime market.
Philippines Air Force takes delivery of its first C295
by AIRBUS Defence & Space, 24 March 2015
The C295 from Airbus Defence and Space will play a key role in the modernisation of the force's transport fleet.
PM of Malaysia witnesses official handover of first Airbus A400M to Royal Malaysian Air Force
by AIRBUS Defence & Space, 23 March 2015
The RMAF received its first of four Airbus A400M military transport aircraft, in the presence of Malaysian PM, Dato' Seri Najib Razak.
Airbus Defence and Space selects Arianespace to launch EDRS-C satellite
by AIRBUS Defence & Space, 20 March 2015
The second SpaceDataHighway stationary satellite will be launched on Ariane 5, built by Airbus Defence and Space.
Atlantis appoints dynamic new CEO Terence Dumont
by Atlantis Corporation, 19 March 2015
The Atlantis Defence Division has named Terence Dumont as its chief executive officer.
Denel moving into civil security on the African continent
by Denel Corporate, 19 March 2015
The company has teamed up with Aviation Co-ordination Services to provide secure hold baggage screening services at African airports.