Egypt to buy another 12 Apache
Written by defenceWeb , Thursday, 28 May 2009
The Pentagon`s Defense Security Cooperation Agency has notified the US Congress that it will sell
The latter includes 27 T700-GE-701D Engines, 36 Modernised Targeting Acquisition and Designation Systems/Pilot Night Vision Sensors, 28 M299 HELLFIRE Longbow Missile Launchers, 14 AN/ALQ-144(V)3 Infrared Jammers, and 14 AN/APR-39B(V)2 Radar Signal Detecting Sets.
Also included are composite horizontal stabilizers, Integrated Helmet and Display Sight Systems, repair and return, transportation, depot maintenance, spare and repair parts, support equipment, publications and technical documentation, US Government and contractor technical support "and other related elements of programme support".
The Pentagon has told Congress the "proposed sale will contribute to the foreign policy and national security of the
The sale will not alter the basic military balance in the region, Congress has been told.
The AH64 is now in use in 11 countries.
- At least three companies in the running to boost SAAF airlift, maritime and transport capacity
- Boeing sows seeds for African growth
- Ysterplaat pulling out all the stops for Wings & Wheels show
- A109 LUH conversion course resumes
- Underfunding eroding SA Air Force
- New gallery: Air Capability Demonstration
- Falcons to fly regularly again
- AFB Durban move will happen, no date set yet
- Western Cape legislature hears “no SAAF helos for firefighting”
- Sad SAAF
Radio direction finding overview and future developments
by Poynting Antennas, 10 December 2013
Poynting Antennas has developed specialised software allowing for behavioural modelling of antenna systems.
Pirate attacks in West Africa to double in 2014
by ParamountGroup, 27 November 2013
Paramount Naval Systems is developing a fleet of multi-role patrol vessels to prevent illegal activity and protect assets and territory.
Poynting presents collapsible LPDA tech
by Poynting Antennas, 26 November 2013
Poynting's wire LPDA design, compared to common rigid constructions, makes compact storage and extremely quick deployment possible.