Welcome to defenceWeb's free newsletter 'sign-up' page
SITREP is a free newsletter, e-mailed to over 4700 subscribers, five days a week.
Subscribers to the SITREP service form the core of defenceWeb's site audience and are demographically identical to the online readership, although they are more deeply involved or interested in defence and security.
* Total audited readership March 2014 (audited by Effective Measure):
• South Africa - 41 267
• World - 91 337
• Africa - 42 404
* More than 199 787 page impressions in March 2014
* Readers include key opinion-formers and decision-makers in Parliament, the executive, officialdom, the military, industry, academia, the media and the broader public
Click here to view a sample of the newsletter
Please note: We take your privacy seriously.
All personal information you give us is strictly confidential and no information will be made available to third parties.
Top stories this week
- Two star admiral is acting Joint Ops Chief
- New Navy patrol vessels can wait, but the fleet must have an operational budget – Heitman
- Airborne maritime surveillance will cost even if aircraft come for free – retired general
- Border Management Authority only for official points of entry?
- Current budget allocation insufficient for SANDF – DA
- EU to boost efforts to tackle illegal African migration
- “No more Mr Nice Guy”: EU gets tough on African migrants
- Merkel calls for Ethiopia to open up politics after unrest
- Africa remains the major focus of multilateral peace operations – SIPRI
- ISS: How can arms embargoes be made more effective?
- Bell to supply Huey II helicopters to Uganda, Kenya and unidentified African customer
- ISS: Ivory poaching - not just a conservation issue
- Russia to open aviation service centre in Africa
- Honeywell Aerospace appoints executive to head up African growth drive
- $30 billion farm boost aimed to help Africa “feed itself”
Top-class maintenance, repair and training augments Husky's success
by DCD, 25 October 2016
Its success in the field has been secured by support in training, maintenance and logistics by US-based Critical Solutions International.
Saab on display at Euronaval 2016
by Saab, 14 October 2016
The company will display its maritime surface and sub-surface capabilities, including mine warfare, at the event next week.
Thales named among top companies for the second year by the Dow Jones
by Thales, 12 October 2016
For the second year running, the group received the second-highest score in the aerospace and defence sector.