Welcome to defenceWeb's free newsletter 'sign-up' page
SITREP is a free newsletter, e-mailed to over 4700 subscribers, five days a week.
Subscribers to the SITREP service form the core of defenceWeb's site audience and are demographically identical to the online readership, although they are more deeply involved or interested in defence and security.
* Total audited readership March 2014 (audited by Effective Measure):
• South Africa - 41 267
• World - 91 337
• Africa - 42 404
* More than 199 787 page impressions in March 2014
* Readers include key opinion-formers and decision-makers in Parliament, the executive, officialdom, the military, industry, academia, the media and the broader public
Click here to view a sample of the newsletter
Please note: We take your privacy seriously.
All personal information you give us is strictly confidential and no information will be made available to third parties.
- SA shipbuilding sector waiting for SA Navy tender finalisation to showcase capabilities
- Still no official word on new naval platforms
- Testing and boosting the Navy mine counter-measures squadron’s effectiveness
- Upgrade ongoing at Naval Base Durban
- Cybicom helps bolster C3 for SA Navy and CJOPS
- Spioenkop repairs underway with sea acceptance trials coming next month
- Navy to deploy frigate to Europe for commemoration, exercises
- New Navy patrol vessels can wait, but the fleet must have an operational budget – Heitman
- Why is the acquisition of in- and offshore patrol vessels on hold?
- Cybicom puts Weapon Control Unit into SA Navy submarine simulator
Airbus sells its shares in Atlas Elektronik
by AIRBUS Defence & Space, 13 January 2017
The company has entered into an agreement to sell its 49% share in Atlas Elektronik Group to thyssenkrupp.
Thales to equip the French forces with Spy'Ranger mini reconnaissance UAVs
by Thales, 10 January 2017
The mini surveillance and reconnaissance unmanned aerial vehicle has been chosen by the French Defence Procurement Agency.
Saab receives order from FMV for Gripen upgrades
by Saab, 10 January 2017
The order value is approximately SEK 215 million and deliveries will take place between 2017 and 2019.