Welcome to defenceWeb's free newsletter 'sign-up' page
SITREP is a free newsletter, e-mailed to over 4700 subscribers, five days a week.
Subscribers to the SITREP service form the core of defenceWeb's site audience and are demographically identical to the online readership, although they are more deeply involved or interested in defence and security.
* Total audited readership March 2014 (audited by Effective Measure):
• South Africa - 41 267
• World - 91 337
• Africa - 42 404
* More than 199 787 page impressions in March 2014
* Readers include key opinion-formers and decision-makers in Parliament, the executive, officialdom, the military, industry, academia, the media and the broader public
Click here to view a sample of the newsletter
Please note: We take your privacy seriously.
All personal information you give us is strictly confidential and no information will be made available to third parties.
Top stories this week
- Another three Chinese fishing trawlers escorted into a SA port
- Navy plays major role in impounding 600 tons of squid and other fish as well as foreign trawlers
- Shoke slams Tempe’s sleeping sentries
- UK defence companies seeking partnerships in South Africa
- Landward forces will be well represented at this year’s AAD
- AU is UN’s most important peacekeeping partner
- U.N. Security Council ends more than a decade of sanctions, arms embargo on Liberia
- UN says Sudan refuses to renew permit of senior humanitarian official
- MSF worker killed by gunmen in Central African Republic
- Sudan will not seek to renew peacekeeping mandate in Darfur
- Rwanda aids Burundi rebels, N.Korea arms Congo: U.N. experts
- U.N. Security Council removes Libyan oil tanker from blacklist
- Freeing child soldiers in Central African Republic: "They have been through hell"
- ISS: Protectors turned predators
- U.N. council set to lift Ivory Coast arms embargo
Thales to build "Cyber Range", cyber security training, testing facility for Dutch Defence Cyber Command
by Thales, 23 May 2016
The cyber security training and testing facility for the Dutch Defence Cyber Command will be used to train its personnel.
Saab unveils first Gripen E
by Saab, 16 May 2016
The launch of the Gripen E test aircraft will take place at Saab's facilities in Linköping.
Paramount Group expands innovative industrial partnerships throughout Middle East
by Paramount Group, 12 May 2016
The African defence company and Jordanian partners have started the production of armoured fighting vehicles in Jordan.